Waukesha, Wisconsin - Sketch Crawl March 6, 2005

Share your drawings from March 6th 2005
Mary Odland

Waukesha, Wisconsin - Sketch Crawl March 6, 2005

Post by Mary Odland »

Anyone else, just west of Milwaukee, want to join me? I think I'll start in downtown Waukesha with breakfast/coffee at DadyOhs at about 9 a.m.

After that I'm not sure which direction to take. It's still going to be pretty cold here, so there may be a lot of in-car sketching along the way. We may stick around Waukesha, head toward Milwaukee and the Degas exhibit (phenomenal), or go west and find which farm fields, prairies, and old stone barns haven't been turned into suburban sprawl. Who knows? We may make it all the way to Madison! Anyone know a dairy farmer who would let us draw their cows?

I'll post my sketch crawl results at http://www.blacklocuststudio.blogspot.com
Hope to see those in my area, and glad to join all of you in the world!

--MaryO
Mary Odland

Waukesha SketchCrawl time change!

Post by Mary Odland »

I was just reminded that I have a church meeting at 10:00 in Brookfield, so I'll start out at DadyOhs at 8:30 a.m., and then proceed to Unitarian Universalist Church West, on North Avenue in Brookfield. There are plenty of great things to draw in and outside of the church. We can then proceed from there at 11 a.m.
sarge
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

drawings from waukesha

Post by sarge »

it was a beautiful 50 degree day in wisconsin! we started with breakfast. i then went to my church meeting and then came back to waukesha, where we drew downtown, went to a park, and wound up at a local pub. my last drawing (hats off to all who draw the condiments!) was at the pizza hut on the west side of town. can't wait for the next crawl, and am thinking fondly of the warm day, as we now have 2 inches of fresh snow. that's wisconsin for you.
--maryo (aka sarge)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31008031@N00/sets/158957/
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Very cool Maryo ! Both your and Brad's drawings are really nice, love the one with those watering grates around urban trees ...
:D

E

Return to “2nd World Wide SketchCrawl day!”