Second Sunday Art Gallery - Sacramento, CA.

Anything to do with drawing around the globe ...

Moderator: Gerald

Gerald

Second Sunday Art Gallery - Sacramento, CA.

Post by Gerald »

Just wanted to share an event that will be taking place on Saturday April 9th in Sacramento, CA. It's called the Second Saturday Art Walk which showcases open galleries and will feature new works by local artist and new showings. It starts at 6pm and ends at 10pm (some galleries close at 9pm). It's sort of a gallerycrawl. I believe it's FREE, some galleries provide beverages, hors d oeuvres, and live music. Some of the work spaces will be available to see and plenty of artist to meet. So what kind of art will be seen? Everything from pen & ink drawings, watercolors, oils, sculptures in clay, paper mache and bronze all the way to kinetic sculptures in metal and glass. Here's the link for more info and directions.

http://www.sacramento-second-saturday.org/
Gerald

Post by Gerald »

I didn't realize that April 9th is the first day of the APE-con and the same weekend that James Jean's gallery will go up at the Super 7 store? That will be quite a commute from San Francisco to Sacramento towards the end of the day...uh-oh...
Gerald

Post by Gerald »

The turn out was okay. The first location we went to was totally shut down. So we had to drive back to down town SAC to find the next location. The weather was just perfect to roam around the galleries with live music meeting the artist. The food and drinks did not last very long.

But if anyone missed it, this even occurs every 2nd Saturday every month.

Glad to see everyone at APE-con earlier that day. It was like an Acadamy Art reunion?! Crazy. But I had fun chatting with you all again.

until May 21st !!! See you there.

Return to “Miscellaneous SketchCrawl discussion”