San Francisco or limited Bay Area Life Drawing Work Shops?

Anything to do with drawing around the globe ...

Moderator: Gerald

Nino de Pan Blanco
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

San Francisco or limited Bay Area Life Drawing Work Shops?

Post by Nino de Pan Blanco »

Do any of you guys know of any good ones? I've lost my hand at drawing and looking to get back in.
Knowing with out doing is still not knowing
vandyke
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Life Drawing found on Craigslist

Post by vandyke »

Hi! I just found this listing on Craigslist; I've never attended their session so I can't recommend. It's probably a low key thing with several regulars. Good luck.
==========
LIFE DRAWING WORKSHOPS

Reply to: comm-625464409@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-03-31, 1:29PM PDT

LIFE DRAWING WORKSHOPS
Drop-in, figure drawing workshop meets Tuesday evenings from 7 to 10 and Saturday mornings from 9 to 12. The fee is ten dollars for each three hour session. The address is 3435 Cesar Chavez Studio#302 the building is located on the southeast corner at Valencia.We provide a supportive work environment with great models and a relaxed friendly atmosphere. Drawing horses, drawing boards, large worktables and some easels that are available for your use.
Brush up on your drawing skills or explore new techniques. Beginner or advanced, everyone is welcome.The focus of these drawing sessions is on gesture and short poses. We work in twenty-minute sets and the length of the pose varies from one to twenty minutes.

For more information call 415 722-9183 or go to; http://homepage.mac.com/robertwindle/Li ... onal2.html
'One can have no smaller or greater mastery than mastery of oneself.' - Leonardo da Vinci
guinnessyde
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: San Francisco or limited Bay Area Life Drawing Work Shops?

Post by guinnessyde »

I actually attend this class every week (or as frequently as I can). It's a great place to draw. Fairly large studio loft that fits more than a dozen people. The models that come in present varied and dynamic poses. It starts off with about ten one-minute poses, then a couple of 2-minute, then goes up to five-minute, ten-minute, and ends with about 3 or 4 20 minute poses.

Not a bad deal for 10 bucks, and I have to say it's an awesome creative release and I think I've improved greatly. Plus wine and coffee. Street parking is also abundant at that time.

I highly recommend this workshop for those of you in the city and the Bay Area.

Return to “Miscellaneous SketchCrawl discussion”