Biloxi/Gulfport Sketching?

Anything to do with drawing around the globe ...

Moderator: Gerald

jhfloyd
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Biloxi/Gulfport Sketching?

Post by jhfloyd »

I will be in Biloxi, MS for six weeks next month, stationed at Keesler, Air Force Base. Are there any suggestions of good areas for sketching. At the moment, i tend to be focusing on Architecture, not so much on nature, or human figures as much.

Also, are there any sketchers in that area that want to get together nights or weekends for sketching, showing off books, discussion and a good artisitic hang? I'm a passionate amateur, with a penchant for ink (versus pencil or watercolor) who will need a distraction from my Air Force responsibilities after the duty day is done.

Thanks.

Jay
jhfloyd
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Biloxi/Gulfport Sketching?

Post by jhfloyd »

Now I know why there have been no responses... there is nothing here!!!

Ok, that is really not true. Especially if you are of the belief that anything can be sketched. However, compared to other exciting cities in this grand country, this isn't one of them.

However, on Hwy 90 there are a few rebuilt houses post-Katrina that seem to have a characteristic look. Large open car port/patio area on the ground, with large posts supporting the house 10 feet above the ground. Hope to find a good one this weekend.
gustavo
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Biloxi/Gulfport Sketching?

Post by gustavo »

Hi, I am sure once you find a spot and really start looking around you will find something interesting to sketch. Good luck!
Gustavo

https://www.gustavoarizmendi.com
SketchCrawl WebHosting / Maintenance donated by yours truly from 2007 to 2022.

Return to “Miscellaneous SketchCrawl discussion”