Sketchcrawl at the Crossroads (Indianapolis)

Saturday July 1st 2006!
nrlois

Sketchcrawl at the Crossroads (Indianapolis)

Post by nrlois »

I'm taking the helm and organizing a sketchcrawl in Indianapolis. Because I'm a libra, I don't want to exclude anyone or to appear closed-minded. My suggestions for venue at this point are:

Meet at Crown Hill Cemetery and pack a lunch. It's shady, there's a sculpture garden, there are lovely monuments and plenty to see visually.

Meet somewhere near the Speedway. The US Grand Prix is slated to run July 2, so there might be something interesting to sketch out that way.

Any takers? Better suggestions?

nrlois
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Eh eh, excellent my libra friend ... hope you guys have a great time ...

e

Post by Guest »

I think I can find the cemetary.. is that the one off 465?

This sounds like a lot of fun!
nrlois

Saturday is soon!

Post by nrlois »

Crown Hill Cemetery is the BIG one just off 38th and Michigan Road. It is just East of the Indianapolis Museum of Art, and that's another possibility for Indianapolis. I am still hoping to get more interest generated, then we'll arrange a specific meet-up location and time (possibly the main entrance off 38th Street at 10:00??). There's a nice Bruce Naumann exhibit at the IMA, so that's an opportunity for something to do afterwards!
XRmegrl
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by XRmegrl »

Looking forward to it. It will be a lot of fun!
nrlois

Okay! The dirt!

Post by nrlois »

We have a few takers - and I encourage everyone considering joining us to post on this thread so we'll be a little more informed. Crossroads sketchcrawlers (or cemetery enthusiasts - or both!) will meet at the waiting station entrance of Crown Hill Cemetery off of Boulevard at 10:00 am. If for some reason that entrance is not open, go to the main entrance by the mausoleum. A map and other interesting tidbits about this interesting and historic venue are available at www.crownhill.org. Because we're not meeting close to any concessions, my suggestion is to pack a lunch, water, whatever you need.
nrlois

TWO whole participants!

Post by nrlois »

We'll get to posting sketches by the weekend. The holiday threw a wrench into the works.

It was a ferociously hot and humid day at Crown Hill, so we spent as much time gabbing and looking for interesting compositions to be found from the shade of all the lovely trees, but we did manage to get some drawings done.

Next crawl should meet elsewhere, but if you've never spent an afternoon drawing at Crown Hill, it's highly recommended!

Return to “10th World Wide SketchCrawl”