UK

Saturday September 23rd 2006
pencil mega
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

UK

Post by pencil mega »

Hey guys and girls!

I'm up for this, anyone else in the UK wanna crawl?

I'll probably be in Southampton by then, ready for the start of my final year on Animation degree, but if you are around, let me know and we can sort something. At least it's a contact, if nothing else! Maybe the next time if it doesn't work out?

Anyway, post here or visit my site and email me to say hi.

Adam aka pencil mega.
Cookiesville
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

keeping up the british side?

Post by Cookiesville »

hey :D nice to see some other uk artists on this site. i'll be sketchin but in scotland, a wee bit far to meet up. but i'll try and post some sketches here, hope u'll do the same and maybe more brits'll join in :wink:

em x
Barto
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Anyone for the capital?

Post by Barto »

Hello there!

Anyone for London? The British captial? Home of the Queen... the place where the stuff is... I'm sure there are much more colourful local names but I'm yet to discover them! (Fresh off the plane 2 months ago)

So, sketchers...

Anyway, watchout for the rain in Scotland Cookie and good luck with final year Pencil!

Cheers.

Barto.
agent0range
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by agent0range »

Barto: I'm in London and I'm game for some sketching! Where should we go?
Barto
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

London eh?

Post by Barto »

Hi AgentOrange.

Not that I really know the place... any suggestions on a sketchable location? Where I grew up it was all horizon so any skyline looks good!

So, if you can verify that you're just a pen weilding maniac as opposed to the axe weilding variety it sounds cool. (I married a graphic designer and you can't always tell the difference! Yeah, I'll pay for that later.)

Cheers mate.

Barto.
pencil mega
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by pencil mega »

I'm in Southampton, anyone around?

I would come to London but it is my first day moving back into my uni house, so I won't have stuff sorted.

I can come to London for the next one though! Or if we arrange our own? They must be hundreds of artists in London willing to do this!
doctorwhom
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by doctorwhom »

I'll be in Bristol, up the avon gorge cycle path somewhere, or the big yellow house at ashton court.
jereeza
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by jereeza »

I'll be in London too - but where exactly do I go?
Barto
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Alright Londonites!

Post by Barto »

Know a good park in the city? Full of people, plants and inanimate stuff... Hyde Park? I caught a bus around that once so I guess I'll need to be more specific.

Any suggestions for Saturday? A spot in Hyde Park? The Zoo. A bus station. Mobile on the tube. (Scratch that last one... no where to run if someone objects to being sketched!)

Barto.

Is that your website jereeza? (The no why one) Quite jealous if it is. Way cool.
agent0range
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by agent0range »

Barto: I'm definitely not an axe murderer but I am a graphic designer, so where does that leave me? :o

I'm quite fond of drawing buildings at the moment especially around London -- I'm originally from the Bahamas and the architecture there is vastly different. Tubes are good too -- in and I've never had someone refuse me drawing them, usually I do it incognito and they never notice because apparently making eye contact on the Tube is strictly forbidden! :D

If you want to meet in Hyde Park though, we could pick a spot -- Speakers Corner? 1PMish?

Whaddya you guys think?
Barto
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Barto »

Sold!

Speaker's Corner 1pm. I'm in.

No idea where it is but like any good tourist, I've got a map!

I actually tried a quick sketch on the tube the other day and surprised myself. Not with the quality of the artwork but the level of sneakyness.

So who else wants a piece of the London, non axe-murdering, sketch day?
agent0range
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by agent0range »

Just a thought -- if it's raining (which has a good chance of happening) perhaps we should meet somewhere else.

I'm thinking a pub of some sort.
jereeza
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by jereeza »

Barto - thererisnoy.com is indeed me; some of that stuff dates back from my embarrassing high school days but I still find it hard to part with. :)

Alas, I'm only flying into London on the 23rd and I won't get to the centre before 4pm or so - you guys carry on and I'd be thankful if you reported updates on your sketchcrawls to see if I can catch up with you if you're still around in the afternoon hours. Have fun!
Barto
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Rub a Dub Pub

Post by Barto »

Yeah, ignore the title... I saw a blank space and went for it.

Pub sounds good as the rain seems a permanent fixture. Today's the first day since I've arrived that I've felt like I'm really in london!

1pm, you'll need to suggest a name. I'm coming in from Parson's Green (Fulham) if that helps.

Jereeza, I wish I was doing something that useful with my time in highschool!

Barto.
MJ
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by MJ »

Hi All,

I'll come along, as a native of london it would be kinda hard not to.

Just don't expect anything amazing ~grin~ I'm strictly a doodler.

MJ

Return to “11th World Wide SketchCrawl”