DC sketchcrawl

Saturday September 23rd 2006
conniedrawsfromlife
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

DC sketchcrawl

Post by conniedrawsfromlife »

okay, here's to another attempt...

Sept 23, 10am, Hirshhorn Sculpture garden?

any takers?

-connie
Tubbekans
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Yep, I'm game

Post by Tubbekans »

Hi Connie,

I'm up for another crawl! Hirshhorn Garden sounds real good. I met another person tonight named Jasper who might be interested too.

See you at artdc.org,
PaulsArt.
SLGallant
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

DC sketchcrawl

Post by SLGallant »

We'd love to get in on that. Myself and a friend will certainly do our best to make it. Let's hope this DC weather hangs in there and that nasty humidity is done for the year! :D
Titan Comics:Shrek / Danya International animator
mgterp
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

DC Sketchcrawl

Post by mgterp »

Hi,
I am interested in attending this sketchcrawl. I've never done a sketchcrawl before, but it sounds fun and I assume anyone can do it?
I'll probably get to the Hirshhorn around 11 or so if thats allright with pad and pencils :D
Thanks,
Mike Gurtz
novaJohnB
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Count me in!

Post by novaJohnB »

Hi all!

Im new to this forum, but not to the ideas of sketching, walking (I can also chew gum too) or any combination thereof. Pardon my ignorance but the Hirshhorn is down on the mall right? I would love to join the group for a morning of sketching. :D
I never know what to write. DOH!

Yes I said DOH!
Tubbekans
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Directions and web link

Post by Tubbekans »

I think anyone can do it. Remember to point the sharp end of the pencil at the paper and not your hand though. Works bettter that way. Just kidding. :-) Sure anyone can come and draw or scribble or whatever you wanta do. It's just for fun and practice really. Hope to see you all there!

Web link for the Hirshhorn:

http://hirshhorn.si.edu/visit/directions.html

OK, this should get you there. These are the directions from their website:

Directions

The Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden is located on the National Mall in downtown Washington, DC, at the corner of Seventh Street SW and Independence Avenue. West of the US Capitol and east of the Washington Monument, it is the round building next to the Smithsonian's red brick Arts and Industries building.

The Hirshhorn
NEAREST METRO STOP
L'Enfant Plaza (Blue, Orange, Yellow, and Green lines). Use the Smithsonian Museums exit to Maryland Avenue and Seventh Street SW.

PARKING
Limited three-hour parking is available on Jefferson and Madison drives; metered parking is available on Seventh Street, Independence Avenue, and streets south; commercial lots are south on Fourth Street.

Return to “11th World Wide SketchCrawl”