Germany - The Results

Saturday September 23rd 2006
emma
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by emma »

I like the makeshift roadblocks!

Have you got a higher-res version of your flier? I'd like to do a printout... it's very cool.
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

@ Enrico: thank you, man, yes I got some more with some additional words coming along ;-)

@ Emma: glad, to read from you again! And thank you! Sure for the link. Just click here.

And this is what we two used. For more details, on what everything is, please go and visit Anne's flickr-site here to see the explanations as notes.

It seems, every other Sketchcrawl a certain subject comes to my pens ... last time,, on SC #5 (Pakistani Relief SC) I had oillamps and other cans or pots. This time, it happened after a while, that I mainly drew and drew my attention to people's bags ;-)
Well, if you want to see them detailed, please click on the pictures. I only could draw all of them within a range of two to five minutes as I was sitting at crossing first and later on at the main railway station forecourt ... unfortunately the limit on the net is 1024px - original size (even onpaper was about 1000px width. Mathematicians aboard now ;-)

... stay tuned. They might be coloured one day. AND Anne's picture will be posted, too, I guess.
a.n.
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by a.n. »

erik76
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by erik76 »

Way cool!
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

sketches

Post by donnam »

PeterPan-really nice sketches--I love your use of the pen and thanks for your help!
PaintMonster
Japan

Post by PaintMonster »

page1
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter Pen
Nice flyer!!! I can't read but I like it!! hehehe
and your simple line sket is awesome!!!
The sketch of the second stool draws a very beautiful space.

page2
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter Pen
hahaha super cute memmber list!!
I like your style!!!
and Thank you for showing your painting materials.

a.n.
wow simple but beautiful!!!
you have great style!!!
I like your style!!!
PaintMonster (Sapporo /Japan)

Ice-Cream Monster
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

lovely drawings!

Post by Ice-Cream Monster »

Great to see these lovely drawings, Peter!
Gerald

Post by Gerald »

Peter pen - Great sketches all around! Love that flyer.

a.n. - That bright red door is awesome.
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

Thanks to all of you!

@ paintmonster: well, I try to do another flyer in English next time, so you can read. And maybe you teach me some words of your language .. or even better: you do the lettering!

@ Ice-Cream Monster: seems, we should make a new flyer for everyone. How about collecting your masterpieces and arrange them to make some bigprints for everyone who’d like to have one. And we leave some space, so that everyone can add their hours, places and cities?

@ Gerald: thank youm, too. What do you think about that big flyer/posterthing. We’d have all the styles we bring in: your tablet-style, marty’s watercolour, ice-creams loose one …?

… and @ erik76: you gonna deliver them with your new motorbike ;-)

@ donnam: what do you think about it?
storydesign
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by storydesign »

I really dig your drawings Peter Pen..
splinesmith
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by splinesmith »

Peter Pen: I also really like the flier. Nice crisp style. The little panels with the individual people are awesome...great character studies, and you can really feel their personalities come out. Nice work, overall!

a.n.: Beautiful paintings! I really love the close-up of the ornamenture of the second one. It has a very lovely warmth to it.
John Atkinson
Atkinson Productions
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

thank you two!

@ storydesign: nice sketches on your blog, too. Seems you brought in your plane sketches from a couple of months ago into one of your new pictures. that's what I like so much about these sketching days!!

@ splinesmith: yeah, I really got into those panels - maybe I should set up another crawl on Oct. 7, 2006 and add some "speech-bubbles" later to it and finish it as a 24-hour-comic then ...
chatgarou
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Cologne Sketch Crawl

Post by chatgarou »

These are some of my Sketch Crawl result. finally scanned it as it was after considering inking them. I think I will ink it in the next few days and post again if it looked better. I went walking around in Cologne, saw lots of interesting old building but I gave up drawing building after one picture (will post it later) and simply sat near the Rhein watching people.

there were really a lot of people eventhough it wasn't really a sunny day

one of the statue in Cologne's Cathedral
Panthera
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Zer goot! (did I spell that right?)

Post by Panthera »

Although I can speak a little German, my spelling in German is horrible I know...but at any rate Zer Goot indeed!

Peter Pen: I love these sketches, they remind me of scenes you would see out of a Will Eisner comic, yum!

I hope you have more!

Oh, and we have a parade out in Bradenton every year called the "Desoto Parade" and people "reserve" their seats for the parade a week ahead of time with a set up very similar to your last sketch. They will use lawn chairs and rope....crates with wooden sticks...pretty much anything they can find in their garage to hold their spot and people here know exactly what it is for and respect that spot like it had iron bars clad with spikes around it!

Anyway, I thought that similarity was funny.

a.n.: Beutiful watercolors! The contrast with the red door and wall is wonderful...did you use salt for that effect in the top window? It adds a great texture to it.

chatgarou: Beautiful sketches, I love how every figure is drawn with such fluidity, it really brings them to life and adds a very nice feel to every one. I can picture myself laying under a shady tree, enjoying the beaituful weather.

Thank you all for sharing!

Später!
-Panthera
"Think highly of yourself, for the world will take you at your own estimate"
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

chatgarou: love your figure studies! the shortened perspective are very nice! and yes, drawing buildings in that city may get boring - though they are kind of neat ;-)

Panthera: Will Eisner, wough, ... I don't feel like being even close to that class ;-) thank you, anyway!!

Good story - we do a lot of funny things over here, but not for parade ;-) There lately has been one in a city close to us, who nailed a sign on house in a street, where it's hard to get a parking place, saying: "reserved for police, only". As 'police' is not a reserved or trademarked name, he can not be stopped from doing this ... so, noone, but him is parking next to this sign ;-)

Bis später, PePe

Return to “11th World Wide SketchCrawl”