Thompson Falls, Montana - SketchCrawl

Saturday September 23rd 2006
ZUPZUP
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Thompson Falls, Montana - SketchCrawl

Post by ZUPZUP »

This is my first SketchCrawl, and I have to say that it was an enormous amount of fun to participate in. I was able to round up two other people to sketch with me in this sleepy little Montana town, and I hope to get there works to post up here as well.....so for now here are my contributions. The first images is qouache on a piece of chipboard and the second image is gouache/pastel on paper with pen over the top.

enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Beautiful work Zupzup ... I really feel I am seeing some of Montana through these ... I've never been ...
thanks for sharing !

e
ZUPZUP
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by ZUPZUP »

Hey thanks Enrico. It was a lot of fun, and I definately plan on participating on the next one!! I'm looking forward to doing a winter SketchCrawl, where the icy cold trys to freeze off a persons fingers, and you have to keep breathing on your paints in order to keep them from freezing.
Gerald

Post by Gerald »

Those are great sketches Zupzup :shock:

I like that you took the time to set up some gouache
and pastels to do your sketches. They both turned out
nice.
ZUPZUP
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by ZUPZUP »

Thanks Gerald. I find that my qouache and pastels are about the easiest thing for me to pack around, and allow me the freedom to experiment with color, texture, etc... with a little bit of water, a couple of brushes and a mini pallette, I can be on my way.
lexidawn
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by lexidawn »

I'm loving the intensity in your skethces ZUPZUP. The gouache looks like it was a brilliant idea. Pretty awesome stuff for your first sketchcrawl!!
Ice-Cream Monster
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

WOW!!

Post by Ice-Cream Monster »

ZUPZUP,

YOur paintings are amazing! :)

Alina :lol:
klammed
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by klammed »

yeah, really amazing. Those are great! :D
Pica
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Pica »

Wow.

Thanks for sharing these, ZUPZUP.

Pastels always seem so fragile to me but you've given me inspiration to take them out into the field! I may try to do some this weekend.
ZUPZUP
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by ZUPZUP »

Thanks Alina, Klammed, and Pica for all those very nice comments.

To Pica -- Don't be afraid of those pastels, I like using NuPastels made by Prismacolor, they are a little bit stiffer and not as fragile as some, but it still gives you a nice vibrant line. Dig in and smear those babies around, pastels can be a great way of laying down some color really quickly, and then you can come back over the top with paints, pens, pencils, whatever...good luck!
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

oh, yes, ZUPZUP, one of them definetly reminds me of the feeling I had, when drove one curve after curve through Montana one long day! Wouldn't there have been those fantastic colours you captured, too, I would have run mad that one day ;-) Thanks for sharing!
ZUPZUP
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by ZUPZUP »

Yes, we have are fair share of curves and lots and lots of gravel roads and mud puddles.

Return to “11th World Wide SketchCrawl”