BOSTON

Saturday December 9th 2006
oafbot
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

BOSTON

Post by oafbot »

Hey, I'll do another one in Boston-Cambridge.

Anyone wanna join me?

Well, its a bit ways off anyways, so lets figure out detail at some later date.
frabjous
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by frabjous »

I'm definitely up for it! I might bring friends, too. What would be a good itinerary, do you think?
jeannette_sobers_up

Post by jeannette_sobers_up »

I'd love to finally do one! I bet a could bring one or two people along.

I'd like to hit Chinatown.

I also wouldnt mind doing some indoor stuff, since it will be December. Like a combo sketchcrawl/Pub crawl. hehe.

jeannette
www.jimmyjanesays.com
frabjous
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by frabjous »

Indoor stuff in December...good idea. We could sit in the Starbucks on the corner of Boston Common (the one near the theatre district) and sketch for a while before moving somewhere else.
jeannette_sobers_up

It's only 20 days away!

It would be hilarious to follow the freedom trail!
Boston Common is near Boylston Street, right?
illdave
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Boston SketchCrawl --> Count Me In

Post by illdave »

I'm a little foggy on the date, but REALLY want to do this. Is the Boston version organized yet, or is that still happening? Please inform.
jeannette_sobers_up

It's December 9th and it looks like we're still orgainizing it.

I'm going to send some emails to see if I can get some people to come.

Is anyone/everyone still in?

jeannette
www.jimmyjanesays.com
oafbot
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by oafbot »

Hello Jeannette,

David (illdave) and I exchanged a couple of emails yesterday, and sort of contemplated doing a thing on the cambridge side of the river. I don't know if this strikes you or frabjous as a particularly attractive idea, but if it sound OK to you, I think Cambridge is a cool place to crawl in.

Dave suggested:

My suggestion is meet at the Miracle of Science Bar & Grill (321 Massachusetts Ave, Central Square Cambridge MA) at noon, then "work" our way down to Harvard Square (perhaps wrapping up at Grendle's Den)

I think this is a perfectly reasonable plan. It feels like a sketch crawl meets pub crawl... If we are all over 21 this plan seems fine (if not we might have to make changes). anyways, if we have more attendees, we could construct a more elaborate itinerary (ones with planned and timed pit stops at predetermined locations so late-comers could join halfway), but since its a small group, I don't think that will be necessary.

Anyway, what do people think? I'm gonna try to see if anyone I know is interested.

Last crawl started a little earlier in the morning, but hey, its winter (and will be pretty cold probably), so less time in the brutal elements is fine by me.

thoughts, suggestions?[/b]
jeannette_sobers_up

Sounds perfect.

I will probably be bringing 2-3 people. Feel free to email & AIM me with any new plans.

Do you know if Miracle of Science is near a T Stop?

jeannette
www.jimmyjanesays.com
oafbot
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by oafbot »

I've never been there, but it's probably within a 5 min walk distance from the Central Sq stop on the red line.
illdave
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Miracle of Science is Near Central Square MBTA

Post by illdave »

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q ... iwloc=addr

"Miracle of Science" is a few blocks from the Central Square (Red Line) station, walking towards MIT.
oafbot
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by oafbot »

OK, i see... its right near the MIT museum. I can find that easily I think.
Lets have our sketchbooks out at the meeting place, so we can spot each other easily.
illdave
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Boston Reply: Dave M!

Post by illdave »

[http://www.illdave.com/sketchbook/index ... tchcrawl-a]

This is my first SketchCrawl participation. While the turnout was dissappointing, the chance to sketch for the first time in over six years was wonderful. A hearty THANKS, Y'ALL to everyone who organized this event. Seeya next time!
illdave
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by illdave »

I've been brainstorming with like-minded friends about getting more people involved. Is there any local publicity for the Boston Crawls? I only found it by random chance (I think one of the Illustration Friday contributers has a SketchCrawl banner on his site). The most obvious "new" promotional ideas off the top of my head are

1. Work with the art schools. Tell the painting and illustration faculty what we're up to.
2. Posterize the art supply stores, coffee houses
3. Use the free listings of local publications (Boston Phoenix, Globe and Herald; Craig's List)

I know this sounds like additional time and money to spend on something we're not getting paid for. Perhaps we can spread the burden of promotion evenly.

Return to “12th World Wide SketchCrawl”