Melbourne, Australia Results

Saturday December 9th 2006
mish mash
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Melbourne, Australia Results

Post by mish mash »

So is anyone from Melbourne or Victoria up for this sketchcrawl?

I know it's a little early to start planning specifics but I figure if I get the ball rolling then anyone else who is interested can either tag along, or meet up with me/us at some point in the day. :)

So at this stage, my plan will be to meet outside the NGV International in St. Kilda Road at around 10am. From there I will probably go through Alexandra Gardens and then into the CBD and maybe finish in Little Bourke St./Chinatown for dinner.

Feel free to leave a message here or pm me if you're interested!
Last edited by mish mash on Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
mish mash
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by mish mash »

Just bumping this thread to confirm that the details I put above are still my plan for the day.

We have a couple of people confirmed but the more the merrier.

If you think you won't be able to make it until later in the day but still want in on the action send me a pm and I'll give out my mobile number. Alternatively you can leave a message or comment on my myspace thingymajig.

Cheers. :)
mish mash
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by mish mash »

So for various reasons we decided to postpone the Melbourne sketchcrawl until this weekend.

We first went down to the banks of the Yarra River, there were a few British ex-pats picnicing nearby who I drew. This first drawing I did was actually done on orange paper but it didn't scan too well so it's been desaturated.

After a bit of aimless wandering we went outside the state library and sat on the yellow/dead lawn. There's this really neat statue of Joan of Arc riding a horse there.

We also went to Melbourne Central at some point but I'm afraid I did more talking than drawing while we were there!

We had a quick food up at Don Don Restaurant (really cheap Japanese food!!).

And then it was home time!

Anyway, it was pretty nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon! Starting next month we thought we might start making our sketchcrawls a little more regular, prehaps once a month. Anyone and everyone is welcome to come along. Cheers. :)
andy
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by andy »

Great stuff mish mash! I really like the little compositions you've done, really nicely done and appealing. It's good to see another Aussie joining in on the sketchcrawl :)

- Andy
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

wonderful lines, you put up here, Mish Mash!!

I specially like the red ones and how you fit them into those fields!!
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Great Sketches !! Thanks so much for posting all these !

e
mish mash
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by mish mash »

Whoa, thanks for the nice comments guys! I got some free time today to look through all the other threads and it's been really inspiring. I'm really looking forward to the next one. Cheers. :)

Return to “12th World Wide SketchCrawl”