San Francisco

A fundraiser drawing marathon to benefit war victims - May 19th 2007
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

San Francisco

Post by enrico »

This is gonna be a big one ... I wonder if we should go back to our Embarcadero, Filbert Steps, Coit Tower, Little Italy and Chinatown classic route ... any other ideas ?

Also, the following day, on SUNDAY 20th at 5pm SketchCrawl and Maverix Studios will host a special Art Auction and benefit (at the Maverix Studios space -1717 Potrero Ave). It's gonna be a fun evening with silent bidding on hundreds of pieces of art and even a raffle with prizes. If you're in the area, save that weekend !
More updates on that one soon.

Enrico
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

The SketchCrawl Sponsor form is here:
http://enricocasarosa.com/sketchcrawl14/sponsorform.pdf

Let's start looking for Sponsors !
Our goal is to each raise $100.
Gambattene!

e
missamelia
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by missamelia »

All of those places sound wonderful. I have a feeling this one is going to be a huge crowd, so wide open space sounds good. Probably will have to split into a few groups...
jim.mortensen
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by jim.mortensen »

I'm going to drive up from LA and make a full weekend of it. Looking forward to meeting everyone & raising some money!
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Ok, we need to hammer out the details a little early this time, to make local press releases. So here goes!

We are indeed gonna do our classic San Francisco itinerary !!!

Meeting is 11am at the Ferry Building, in front of Peets Coffee (on the bay side).
Then from Embarcadero > Filbert Steps > Coit Tower> Little Italy > Chinatown!

Only thing I am not sure of yet, is where to have our share fest to end it ... maybe the gardens on top of that parking lot on Kearny ?
Another option could be ending Yerba Buena gardens by the Moma and the Metreon ...

what do you think ?

e
emma
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by emma »

I'd vote for Yerba Buena gardens as an ending spot. There are a lot of places nearby to get a drink or something to eat, if crawlers are interested in that kind of thing.

Although that can kind of be said for anywhere in San Francisco...

Really looking forward to this one. I'm shopping my donor form around :)
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

That's a good idea Emma, the gardens there are really nice and the food court in the Metreon building could work very well too ...

Enrico
britsketch
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by britsketch »

I also think that Yerba Buena would be a great place to end. The whole fundraiser sounds like it is going to be incredible!
Brittney

britsketch.blogspot.com
hoffman
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by hoffman »

Hey there, I was just wondering if this is the confirmed route and end meeting place. I'm trying to figure out where I should park for the big day.
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

11am ferry building (Peet's coffee) probably end up around coit tower and little italy around 1 or 2 ... we could have lunch in and around washington square park .... maybe hang out in chinatown after that ... heading toward Yerba buena around 5 or 6 ...
there you have it !
How's that ?

:)

e
hoffman
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by hoffman »

Cool, thanks Enrico. guess I'll park near Yerba Buena so I don't have to back track post crawl.
raison
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

confirming next week's sketchCrawl

Post by raison »

Hi,
I'm new to this... and a bit timid as well. I'd like to venture into the world of collective drawing... and would like to confirm the details.

Meeting at the Embarcadero at 11:00am, traversing & drawing throughout the day, ending up at Yerba Buena in the evening. So parking SOMA or BARTing is optimal for the occasion.

Anything customary for these events besides the necessary wares and the obligitory good cheer? sketchbook, sunblock, hat, water, etc...

How has the art for the auction been procured?

Has the press been notified? This is an amazing cause and you certainly deserve props for organizing such a beneficial event! Hopefully someday there will be less need for Emergency.

i've been spreading the word!

Cheers!
We are living in a time when civilization has become highly expert in the art of destroying human beings and increasingly weak in its power to bring meaning to their lives. --Ben Shahn
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Hi raison,
glad you're joining in!

All the things you mention sound like a great idea to bring, not much else needed ... and Barting it can sure be a good idea ...

As far as press: yes we've sent a press release around.
We'll see if we get any love back ...

As far as the art auction:
We put out a call to friends and artists, mostly in the animation and illustration industry, to send us framed pieces as donations ... we are getting a nice array of art ...
We also have a raffle for which we are gathering donations such as signed Pixar artbooks, bundles of creator's comics and even a one hour certificate for body works massage ...

that's about it ...
gonna be fun !

e
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

As always if you can't make it at 11am and want to join the group later in the day, you can call me to figure out our position ... 415 317-2731.

IF any of you will be making donations or has already some donations from any sponsors we will have some friends from Emergency, that can collect checks and cash.

Please don't be deterred from coming by the fundraiser, this is by no means mandatory ... you're very welcome to come and draw and not donate.

Thank you, hope to see many of you on saturday and sunday (at the art auction)

Enrico
gustavo
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by gustavo »

Greetings:

I just found out about this event, I will see about attending. If I can I will be driving from Sonoma County. Any tips on parking lots? I may only be able to attend until 1-3pm.

Thanks

Return to “14th World Wide SketchCrawl”