San Francisco - CA - USA - Results

Sunday November 4th 2007
eduardo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

San Francisco - CA - USA - Results

Post by eduardo »

Soooo, it turned out that it was SUNNY in San Francisco today! No fog, no cold whatsoever. Really strange, but I was sure glad about that.

Ok so I'll post this here since all others have done the same. I arrived at Peet's at around 10:15 a.m. today. By 11 a.m. I think there were over 12 sketchcrawlers lurking around the hallway. I met up with Mike and Corinne, so we headed out to the actual piers behind the building, and drew there. Then came inside where most of the others were going at it drawing people in the building. Finally we walked out in front where the Market tents, skateboarders, passing trollies and two talented musicians gave more life to the scene.

I was there 'till about 1:30 p.m. so that I could go to Purr-casso (which turned out good, btw), so I'm not sure where everyone else went to, but it was sure fun!

Here are some things I drew today.

First drawing, at 11 a.m. 'Bout 35 mins.

Quick gesture doodle of a lady taking a picture before we left the pier and went inside. 2 mins? Now we go inside and meet the rest of the guys 'n gals by Peet's. I think someone there studies animation. I saw a lot of blue col-erase and red pencil life sketches/drawings. :)

This is in front of the building, facing the market area and its street. Quick 18 min drawing. I like lettin' loose and being "sketchy" sometimes.

Ferry building, started at 12:30 p.m. I guess you could call it more of a front-view elevation. 45 mins (I swear it felt like an eternity.) And that's it, my ass got sore. Mike was smart and brought a chair.

Can't wait for an actual full day session next time. Hope to see more sketches posted!
Donal
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Donal »

Wow. I really, really love that last one.

What were you using for paper?
eduardo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by eduardo »

The inside of a Cheerios box. =-)

Glad you liked it.
Pica
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Pica »

Eduardo, nice sketches. Hope you post some more!
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Eduardo--nice-I really envy the loose ones!
martha
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by martha »

Eduardo:

Fantastic drawings!

My husband and I also sketched at the Ferry Building today, from 11:30 until about 3:00. Never saw any other sketchers, but glad to hear you were nearby. I will scan my sketches tomorrow and hopefully get them posted here soon.

-martha
-martha

*** Trumpetvine Sketchblog ***
DuttonArt
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by DuttonArt »

Eduardo, it was great meeting you today. What a great batch of sketches, and the last one being inside of a Cheerios box.... awesome! haha.

I'll scan my not-so-great sketches and put them up tomorrow. It feels a lot later to me right now than 10 so I'm gonna crash for now. I think I've also got a little bit of dehydration going on.... from San Francisco of all places.

Hope to see some other sketches here soon!

-Mike
Chrisho
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Chrisho »

Nice sketches! And good to hear you're recycling your old cheerios boxes. =)
PaintMonster
Japan

Post by PaintMonster »

eduardo
Great Sketches and nice report!
Thank you for the sharing!!
I like cart paper too!
PaintMonster (Sapporo /Japan)

crashhappy
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by crashhappy »

eduardo wrote:The inside of a Cheerios box. =-)

Glad you liked it.
Cereal box? Genius! Gotta try that next time. Great work, makes me homesick for The Bay.
"Eye of the tiger! Mouth of a teamster!" -- H. Simpson
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

Dear eduardo , ...

... inside of cheerio boxes ;-) Whatever it took: I really like you three-colour-style - esp. the harbour works out so vivid!
thanks for sharing, Thorsten (aka PeterPen)
andy
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by andy »

Nice! Great sketches, the cheerios sketches are brilliant!
zironu
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by zironu »

Hahaha.. Cheerios.. I hope you guys had lots of fun in San Fran! I had lots of fun in Sacramento.. It's too bad that the cities are so far away.. I wish I could be at both at the same time.
splinesmith
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by splinesmith »

Cheerios box...LOL! Actually, I prefer Lucky Charms, myself. Of course, the color palette is more restricted--moon yellow, star orange, clover green, and heart pink... :wink:

Those are great images, and the last one of the Ferry Building just blows me away. Fantastic.

Here is a scattering of my images from yesterday. I decided to try some color again, after doing only grey washes for the last several crawls. So in my warmups for the day I was trying to figure out how the watercolor pencils worked (it had been a while).
Then I hiked to Aquatic Park, where I wanted to get a sketch of the Balclutha (sailing ship). To get there, I had to cross an ocean of tourists at Fisherman's Wharf...so that's what the sketch is of in the upper left of the next picture. Upper right is this really cool old lady who was photographing the Saints Peter and Paul church using a camera/lens combo that was bigger than her head! I admired her pluck. Then there were people playing grass volleyball (in November...I love California!), and some dogs frolicking...always fun to draw.
Then here are some sketches done at the pub we ended up at, and on the BART ride home.
And lastly, three watercolors that I did:
Twas a great day, and AWESOME weather!
Fun out.
John Atkinson
Atkinson Productions
mr.sch
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by mr.sch »

Eduardo, that ferry building looks like there is zeppelin approaching, just above it... can feel the drama. Battlestation, ready!
:wink:

Return to “16th World Wide SketchCrawl”