Tell us a little about yourself!

Moderator: Gerald

Al Williams
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Getting Started

Post by Al Williams »

Hello,

My name is Al Williams and I'm new to this forum.
I'm part of an organization currently considering throwing a sketchcrawl/artcrawl as a fundraiser for a local community media organization.

Any thoughts or suggestions on getting started would be most welcome.
gustavo
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by gustavo »

Greetings Al,

Welcome to SketchCrawl!

The following post contains information about how to participate in the SketchCrawl events.

viewtopic.php?t=2224

In summary:

Once the date is selected by its founder Enrico Casarosa, a forum topic for the given event is created.
viewforum.php?f=36

The next step is to create a new topic to list your specific location using the following format:

City - State - Country
(this is so we can keep track of the locations participating via the backend)

Once that is done its just a matter of contacting members of your community to let them know a SketchCrawl event will occur in you location. Some past participants have created their own flyers which they then give to art stores and art schools.

Since you are a community media center, perhaps some PSA could be run to alert your viewers of the event you are planning, with a link to this central point, as a place to further work out the details of the event.

Afer the event we create a topic for results: City - State - Country [Results] and share what we did during the day.
Gustavo

https://www.gustavoarizmendi.com
SketchCrawl WebHosting / Maintenance donated by yours truly from 2007 to 2022.

Return to “Introductions”