Newbie from Minnesota

Tell us a little about yourself!

Moderator: Gerald

spiritrivermary
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Newbie from Minnesota

Post by spiritrivermary »

My name is MaryAnn and I live in Minnesota just outside of Cambridge along the Rum River. Recently, I returned from living in China for two years and opted to leave the corporate world for the life of an artist....I think that I am absolutely crazy, but it is my passion. I stumbled upon this site quite by accident. A person had posted a link in their blog post...what luck!

I love drawing and painting. My favorite medium is charcoal and I also enjoy doing charcoal with conte on toned paper. I enjoy pen and ink, sometimes watercolors and do my daily paintings in oil.

I take lots of photographs and have many photos for reference. If anyone is interested in my China photos, I do have many posted on a my space blog that I kept while in China. It is http://chinamaryann.spaces.live.com

I am still new to this site, but it looks like a great one!

MaryAnn
gustavo
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by gustavo »

Greetings and welcome to the forum.

Sketchcrawls are typically every two months or so. You may want to join the Newsletter as event dates are also announced there.

When a new date has been decided by Sketchcrawl's founder Enrico Casarosa, a new forum is created along with an event date. The counter for the home page is also updated.
Gustavo

https://www.gustavoarizmendi.com
SketchCrawl WebHosting / Maintenance donated by yours truly from 2007 to 2022.
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: Newbie from Minnesota

Post by Thorsten »

Welcome aboard, MaryAnn,

what a detailed introduction - thank you for sharing!

I am really looking forward to seeing some of you Minnesota-sketchings as it has been a long time, since I have been around ;-)

Take care and all the best,
Thorsten (aka Peter Pen)

Return to “Introductions”