"I paint with my Breakfast"
gustavo
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by gustavo »

Greetings Riki,

Welcome to the forum!

Once a new Sketchcrawl is announced, you may want to make a post for Colorado, there is a possibility that others in your area may be 'lurking' as well and wanting to participate, or you could also start one in your area and get some local artist to attend and/or do a solo one.
Gustavo

https://www.gustavoarizmendi.com
SketchCrawl WebHosting / Maintenance donated by yours truly from 2007 to 2022.
constant_linez
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by constant_linez »

i got a question... how do you start something like a sketch group?
(im a newbee at this) i need some direction. because i really dont know too many artist or even some,who are passionate about drawing etc..
.. thanks a bunch hope to hear back from you

riki.t
gustavo
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by gustavo »

You may want to start by getting in touch with some of your friends.

Once a date is decided by Enrico and posted, you could plan a potential location or two that you think would be good and make a post under the new sketchcrawl 19th forum (which doesn't exist because the date has not been selected as of yet), so that others in your area can post there. Maybe someone else has a better location, etc.

You may also want to create a flyer that references this website and distribute it to some local art stores and/or to art bulletin boards (in the local high school/college).
Gustavo

https://www.gustavoarizmendi.com
SketchCrawl WebHosting / Maintenance donated by yours truly from 2007 to 2022.
constant_linez
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by constant_linez »

ill try that thanks seeker :)
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: Sketch crawl in colorado??

Post by Thorsten »

.. and in addition to all the good ideas, posted by seeker/Gus, you might want to set up a post under SC19 in the forum. More people might find the link easier than here.
Wishing you many companions, Thorsten (aka Peter Pen)
granny c
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by granny c »

I'm not in Colorado, but am trying to get something started in my area of Texas. Here is what I have done, and am planning. Maybe it will give you some ideas.
I don't know if you are in a small town, rural area, or city. We have some rural areas around, small towns, and two medium sized cities that are actually together. We have a large university and a smaller what used to be called a junior college.
I put information on my blog after my sister sent it to me from the area where she lives.
I printed out what was sent to me from the Art Center in my sister's area and gave it to a gallery owner downtown (she is also an artist) and, when I gave it to the local Arts Council, it also went to members of the Art League and other arts organizations in the area.
I told the various artists whose blogs I receive and read regularly, and also those who I have listed in my sidebar, about it.
A person representing a restored hotel saw the information on my blog, since I had drawn that hotel, and expressed an interest in the activitiy. She told me that the next one is also going to be at a time when they have a steak and wine festival downtown.
The gallery owner is going to contact the downtown association and let them know about it.
I used to write for the area newspapers, so a little blurb in there, like in the local events and gossip sections might be in order, along with a letter to the editor, when it is closer to the time for the next one. Also, later, I might let the people at the tv stations know, and the local papers. They will be out taking pictures for the festival anyway, so we might as well get in a plug for the local artists at the same time.
I told the area art teachers association about it and they are spreading it around among people that they know and their students.
I know a couple of people in the art/architecture departments at the local university and smaller college, and they would be interested in telling others, I'm sure.
I have a couple of other gallery owners who would be interested, as well as some people who own businesses and B&Bs.
I'm hoping that we can get the surrounding counties involved, too. (Since my hometown is there!)
My sister and her painting group are spreading things around in their area of the Gulf Coast.
I'm always interested in how we can get more activity and more involment in the arts-that doesn't cost the artists a bunch of money. We need to do more recording of this area, too, with art.
Last time, we had my sister, my grandson and I, a mother and daughter from the next county, and another person that I didn't know. I had several people who contacted me, but were not able to participate that day. Hopefully, they will be able to join in this time, with more notice.
That's long, but maybe it will give you some ideas. Good luck and happy sketching! I imagine that you have some beautiful areas where you can work!
Cecelia in Texas
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

.... well, wow, now, Granny C., within this wide range anyone shall find an inspiration to start up a crawl ;-)

Thanks for sharing ;-)
T.
constant_linez
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by constant_linez »

Hey anybody up for a sketchcrawl in denver co? i live in lakewood so email me(riki_takaoka)if you wana sketch .
thankz
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

-- well, riki, maybe you'd like to open a thread in the new forum. More people might find you easier there, as these forums seem to be the most frequented places to meet.

viewforum.php?f=44

Good luck and thanks for initiating a new Crawl in Colorado!

T.

Return to “Introductions”