Moderator: Gerald

m9fred
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
Austria

Novice sketcher

Post by m9fred »

Hello from Vienna, Austria!

I am a technician, not an artist and I work for a telecommunications provider (database applications and other computer related stuff).

Some day I began doodeling on a sheet of paper while thinking about a problem with my computer at home. I was very tired this evening but my clumsy attempts to sketch my sleeping cat were quite refreshing and relaxing and solving the problem wasn't that big problem afterwards.

A few days later I stumbled upon this site (looking for information about drawing) and I was fascinated by the idea of sketchcrawling, the enthusiastic community and the beautiful and inspiring contributions in the past sketchcrawls.

Drawing and painting is completely new and challenging for me, but it always pays to learn somthing new and to develop new skills.
My girl friend encourages me to draw and currently I enjoy my struggles doing pencil sketches and sometimes I try watercolors too.

Some of my other interests:
our dog and cat, photography, running (18 to 22 miles weekly)

Maybe I'm able to get some friends into sketching and to take part in the 20th sketchcrawl.

(I recently managed to post two drawings: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3230

Greetings from Vienna
gustavo
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Novice sketcher

Post by gustavo »

Hi m9fred,

Thank you for the time you took to introduce yourself. Indeed SketchCrawl is such a great idea, and it is quite interesting to be able to view various sketches of the same houses, bridges, trees when one is participating with a large group. However, if you are unable to get others to join you.. don't let that stop you, because there are people in other parts of the world that are interesting in seeing artistically the location where you are at.

I am a bit technical as well, sometimes I do better than other times... but I have come to enjoy the process.. and time goes very fast as well. I must have drawn my dog about 30 times already :)

Hope to see your sketches this upcoming SketchCrawl.
Gustavo

https://www.gustavoarizmendi.com
SketchCrawl WebHosting / Maintenance donated by yours truly from 2007 to 2022.

Return to “Introductions”