Tell us a little about yourself!

Moderator: Gerald

KarinH
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Good Evening from Munich !

Post by KarinH »

Hello Everybody at Scretchcrawl,

I have been reading various posts on the 2oth sketchcrawl - which I found in time but could not participate in - well possibly could have, along with my 6 yr old nephew that I was looking after on Saturday ... anyway, now waiting for #21 !

My name is Karin, have recently started sketching and am very impressed by what I see here in the postings ...

Also saw some of the "Reiseskizzen aus..."/"Travel sketches from ..." on Arte by various artists travelling various countries - and just without any effort creating the most beautiful sketches....that's what I want to do ... just as perfect as they did it .... guess that means practice and some more practice and the more practice ...
I am getting better at not only taking my sketchbook and pencil along with me - but also using it ! not every day but more often - and soemtimes I even like what I have done :-)

Anybody else out there from Munich ? will certainly aim to do a crawl for sketchcrawl #20 !!! (and practice uploading/linking sketches before that)

Take Care,
Karin
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: Good Evening from Munich !

Post by Thorsten »

Servus Karin -- well, I am not sure, you'd say so yourself ;-)

That's splendid you want to participate -- I also watched the wonderful series on Arte. Unfortunately one could only "re-see"them for seven days on the internet afterwards. But they definitely were impressive illustrators!!!

Hope to see you soon for SC #21 then - in fact I haven't seen any Munich crawlers around, for the last years. May be I do not remember ...

Thank you for your nice introduction and welcome aboard!

t.
p.s. do you have blog or any other place, where you share some photos already?
KarinH
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by KarinH »

Grias Di Thorsten,

welllll - I am in Munich but not actually from Munich - so am only a "zugroaste", long ago but still...(und das auch noch aus Preussen = Bielefeld) and would not usually use "Servus" (but many other bavarian words) - doesn't matter, let's see if I can find a more crawlers for next time.

No, I do not have a blog - but have a website, I could use that (have 2 domains - one being used for something different so now I have to find the access details for the other one ...). Or may try a blog - any tips ? I will go to FAQ etc here and see what I find.

It is a cold day here (-2 on my balcony one hour ago) but looks nice outside, it is my day off (the joys of working part-time), I have a few things to do - but maybe there is some time for a sketch or two...

Have a great weekend,
Karin
KarinH
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Now with Blog...

Post by KarinH »

Hi Thorsten,

tata tata - I now have a blog !
not sure if I will keep it where it currently is - on one of my domains, have just asked for a new one which is being registered ... so possible changes but at least a start. I will take a few photos of my sketches and post later today or tomorrow - you can tell I am excited ! (dangerous to everything else I had wanted to do today... :wink: ).

So .... www.karinhuettemann.de

Tschüß,
Karin
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

-- heij, Karin!

Thanks for the messages! I took a quick look at your blog. Congrats!!!!!

Your sketches look very ancient and worthy with those "stains" on the pages. Yes indeed, blogging mighttake some time "away" -- some other days you might recogn' that this time isn't lost, as you stroll through your pages again ... well, it's just a public notebook / diary ;)

Just a short note for today - I am off.

See you soon!

t.

Return to “Introductions”