Another hello from Sheffield

Tell us a little about yourself!

Moderator: Gerald

richardt
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Another hello from Sheffield

Post by richardt »

Hi SketchCrawlers everywhere. My name is Richard Towers and I live in Sheffield, England. I have been here since 2003, although I first came here to university and lived here for some years afterwards before moving around the country.

I am an enthusiastic amateur artist, fitting it in with a full-time job (which at least has the advantage of getting me to London regularly for the exhibitions). I do carry a sketch book everywhere I go so that I can fill the odd minutes with sketches of my surroundings (a lot of stations feature for obvious reasons). My preferred medium is a fine, black indian ink pen - no chance for second thoughts, just carry on. Lately, thanks to the discovery of the water-filled brush and the acquisition of a couple of compact water-colour boxes, I have been using more colour.

I am a member of the Heeley Art Club (http://www.heeleyartclub.org.uk). We have regular meetings for workshops, demonstrations and criticism. Also we have regualr exhibitions. At present (until 18 October) we have an exhibition in the Winter Gardens of local scenes. I am also involved with the organisation of the Great Sheffield Art Show, one of the largest open art exhibitions in the country.

I was really interested to find the SketchCrawl site as it is a concept close to my own heart. I have the date of the next Crawl in my diary and I would like to persuade some of my club colleagues to get involved. I look forward to posting my efforts and seeing others.
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: Another hello from Sheffield

Post by Thorsten »

-- welcome aboard, Richard!

Funny you found a Crawler from Sheffield rightaway :)
We're glad your goals meet ours!

See you soon around again, and thanks for spreading the word in your hometown!
T.

Return to “Introductions”