Seattle - WA - USA

Saturday March 29th 2008
lbeefus
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Seattle - WA - USA

Post by lbeefus »

UPDATE: We're going to meet Saturday, the 29th, at noon, at the Olympic Sculpture Park. We'll meet at the Calder's Eagle (the big orange-red sculpture), or if it's raining, at the Paccar Pavillion (and will decide where to go from there). If you're late, my cell is two-oh-six, three-five-five, nine-oh-three-four.

A couple of us may warm up at the Art/Not figure drawing session at 9:30 am. http://www.antgallery.org/about_ARTNOT/ ... awing.html

Hi Seattlelites! Let's do another sketch crawl! I suppose we should count on rain.

Last time, the second vote was the aquarium, which seems like a good idea, although I don't believe I've been inside it, so I don't remember if there are places to sit, etc. Anybody ever sketched there? If its not rain, we'll have the waterfront as well, which has some great sketch opportunities.

I'm also up for other ideas!

-Tony
Last edited by lbeefus on Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tim
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Tim »

I'm in for the aquarium. I haven't been since they remodeled, but I'm sure there will be places to sit. I'll bet we can even use watercolors, it being an aquarium and all...
littlefish
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by littlefish »

but fishes/jellyfishes dont stay still...

.... kidding :D I'll go wherever you guys decide to!
Looking forward to it :)
gabi campanario
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by gabi campanario »

hi all,

i'm new on the forum and look forward to meeting other Seattle sketchers!

forgive me for being cheap but why pay to get into the aquarium ($15 for adults) when there are other places where we could sketch for free?

i'd suggest the Olympic Sculpture Park. or have you guys done a sketchcrawl there already? we could meet by Calder's Eagle

cheers!

gabi campanario
http://gabicampanario.blogspot.com
littlefish
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by littlefish »

I havent been to the PARK YET!!!! <among many other places :oops: >

I think it's cool to meet at the park if the weather is nice, and Ibeefus and Tim, I will definitely try best to meet you guys at Figure drawing session if I pull myself out bed early enough~~ I really like one pose 3 hour idea...

Oh Spring is here, I see the Sakura start to bloom...sooo pretty.... We should def. do outdoor if its not raining... :D:D
Tim
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Tim »

I agree with Littlefish: if the weather's nice I'd be up for meeting at the sculpture garden. Since it is free I can leave early without feeling TOO bad (not so with the aquarium.) On the other hand, if the weather is wet I will just go to the figure drawing session at Art/Not and if any of you guys want to join me there that'd be great.
BTW Gabi thanks for checking in. I'm a big fan of your work!
Tim
gabi campanario
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

thanks Tim! i'm thrilled you're familiar with my work!
if it's raining we could also meet inside the park's Paccar Pavillion. perhaps by the two bouncing-type cages hanging from the ceiling where kids usually play. there are chairs and tables there that also offer a good view of the Park. i don't mean to de-rail the aquarium option, especially being the first time i join the sketchcrawl, i'm just a little partial to the park, i think it's a fantastic location. noon sounds like a perfect time to meet
cheers, happy sketching!
gabi
http://gabicampanario.blogspot.com
lbeefus
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by lbeefus »

I was definitely not sold on the aquarium, and now that its spring, there's a better chance of not being pounded by rain, so the sculpture park sounds like a great idea :) Glad to hear you're joining us, Gabi!
Gerald

Post by Gerald »

Good luck Seattle! I really miss that Aquarium.
lbeefus
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by lbeefus »

Okay, I posted updated the updated info in the first post in this thread! Hope to see you guys Saturday!
Tim
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Tim »

Thanks Ibeefus. I'll be at Art/Not 9:30, and will see the rest of the gang at the park at noon. FYI, I learned last week that they just put meters in all around the gallery so no more free pkg. Art is getting expensive...
gabi campanario
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

great, I'll meet you guys at the park at noon. looking forward to it!
littlefish
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by littlefish »

WAIT~~~~

the figure drawing session ends at 12:30, does that mean people will leave half hour early from the figure drawing to meet at 12 at the park?

Or we may meet at 1pm, and grab lunch in between? I'll likely come for both :):)

See you all there~~~
lbeefus
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by lbeefus »

We'll still meet at noon, if that's alright, just to avoid confusion. We'll probably wait around for a bit to catch stragglers, but if anyone doesn't see us, you can call my cell phone, listed in the first post!

BTW: I'm going to skip the figure drawing session, as I'll be up late tonight, but will certainly be at the park at noon!

Return to “18th World Wide SketchCrawl”