It's a go. March 29.

Anyone else want to join in?

Tom
Macaruba
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

March SketchCrawl

Post by Macaruba »

I'm going to be at work on the next crawl, but I'm sure I'll fit some in.
Look forward to seeing other peoples results.

I just took a look at your site Tom, lovely stuff!
cloud
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by cloud »

Im definately interested in coming along to this if im not working (and there are no issues with the trains). Sounds like loads of fun + its a good opportunity for me to start sketching in public.
chrism
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by chrism »

yep, I'm up for it!

Where do we meet?
Macaruba
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

UK sketchcrawl

Post by Macaruba »

Hi Cloud and Chrism,

As I said I am going to be locked up on Saturday shift work that day in Suffolk.
Where are you two from?
Perhaps we could meet up for the next sketchcrawl!
sophie
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by sophie »

Hi, I'm new to this, and it sounds like a great idea. Where about's will you be meeting up and round about what time?
Katherine T
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Katherine T »

I have friends coming down to see the exhibition by the Royal Institute of Painters in Watercolours at the Mall Galleries on Saturday 29th - so I've suggested we try and do a mini sketchcrawl around that area - which is St James Park, the Mall (distant glimpses of Buck House) and Trafalgar Square - and maybe inside the National Gallery.

We'll be running to our own timetable because of their travelling times and seeing the exhibition - but I've sketched around there before and it's a good place to sketch.
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Hi London SketchCrawlers ... don't know if any of you noticed this comment on the SketchCrawl blog ...

http://www.sketchcrawl.com/blog/?p=65#comment-31352

might be of interest to some of you ?

cheers

Enrico
rino
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by rino »

hello folks,
I am italian and I am in london for work (in actually I'm not working yet) .
I will be really happy to enjoy my first london's sketchcrawl, descovering the wonderful views and making practise with my bad english :).
let me know.
Tom D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Tom D »

Sorry I've been absent after starting this topic. It looks like this has the makings of an excellent sketchcrawl, though!

In the interest of nailing down a time and location, I have created a map of two proposed crawls:
http://tinyurl.com/2nynfv

Crawl #1: Mall Galleries / National Gallery to Waterloo Station
- Hopefully Katherine T will be able to join us here. I had proposed a walk across the Thames toward Waterloo (an excellent place for people sketching) with two principal stops along the way. Victoria Embankment is a very nice park setting with benches where people like to chill out during the weekend. Across the river is a skate park for some great "action" drawing. If we want to hang out longer around St James Park, that would be good as well. A word of caution, though: no sketching in the Household Cavalry parade grounds! I tried that once and and got warned off by an officer with a submachine gun. Nicest fellow I've met in London so far, but I wouldn't try it again.

Crawl #2: Tower of London
- Those who wish can take the tube to Tower Bridge Station. From there we would cross the road to the Tower of London to sketch the tourists or the architecture. Walk along the river to cross Tower Bridge to City Hall. There is a plaza there where people congregate. To the East are a maze of twisty passages, all alike. Some interesting streets and things are there, which might be fun, or we could head West to HMS Belfast, a WWII Destroyer, and Hays Galleria which is a nice place to sketch and also has cafes and so on.

Please expand upon these ideas and let us know what time works best for everyone. I will be free all day.

Tom
rino
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by rino »

both locations are very interesting, i like them.
I am wating to know, where we'll going to meet.
bye
Tom D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Tom D »

OK, how about outside "Inn the Park"? It's a restaurant in St James park and near the Mall Galleries. There are benches just outside. Good for sketching. Here's a photo:

Lets meet at the benches just outside the restaurant entrance. I have updated the map.

Shall we say between 9:30 and 10:30 AM, sketchcrawling to commence at 10:30. Is that too early?

Tom
chrism
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by chrism »

Time and place sound good to me.

@Macaruba
Sure, see you at the next one if you can make it!
Last edited by chrism on Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
rino
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by rino »

it's ok for me too :D
Tom D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Tom D »

Great! It's set.

See you at "Inn the Park" sometime between 9:30 - 10:30 Sat morning.

Return to “18th World Wide SketchCrawl”