Limited Edition SketchCrawl MoleSkine

Saturday June 21st 2008

SketchCrawl Moleskine

I don't think I'd buy one
6%
I'd love to buy one (I'd prefer the watercolor paper notebook) (horizontal layout)
26%
I'd love to buy one (I'd prefer the original moleskine paper notebook) (vertical layout)
11%
I'd love to buy both (one watercolor notebook and one original notebook)
58%

Total votes: 121

Jerry Mayfield
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Jerry Mayfield »

I would join the group in buying one of each of the moleskin sketchbooks.
J
Jerry&pen
Gerald

Post by Gerald »

I don't mind the smaller size, but I would still buy a larger size. More room for landscape sketches or just to fill up the pages.
leeroy
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by leeroy »

My personal preference is for the larger size sketchbook, not the journal with the thinner paper and not the reporter style. I don't know if I would buy the watercolor version or not, but I would also prefer the larger size in that case. Most likely, I would just buy two sketchbooks, instead of one sketchbook and one watercolor book. Side-note, because someone brought it up: The perforations don't bother me, as they are pretty sturdy. I could be mistaken, but it seems like you'd have to deliberately tear out a page if you wanted to remove it.

I'm not familiar with Moleskines' custom made jobs, so I'm not clear on how these would differ from the regular product. The logo printed or embossed on the front? Anyway, I'd get one or two for the sake of its rarity and because I do like me some moleskines! ;)

Anyway, that's awesome, Enrico. This certainly could help gain more exposure for Sketchrawl.
andy
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by andy »

Heheh, well I'll throw in my preference to the ever-growing list :)
I'd definitely buy a SketchCrawl moleskine, though only if it were one of the styles I use already - either a small or large reporter-style plain notebook. I like the feel of the thinner pages, plus there's more of them to sketch on :)
But obviously it's not really feasible to do SC versions of a heap of different styles, so I'll see what's decided before committing to buy.

Can't wait to see what the custom design you've cooked up looks like Enrico!
CarrieMc
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Limited Edition SketchCrawl Moleskine

Post by CarrieMc »

Yes! Yes! Yes! I've been working my way through the Moleskines from the Reporter's Notebook to the Storybook Notebook to the Watercolor Notebook -- in both sizes. I have enjoyed them all and would definitely buy the Sketchcrawl version in any size!

Carrie
zironu
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by zironu »

I would prefer the larger size, and I would probably buy at least one of each style. Maybe more than one, so it would last several sketchcrawls..
leeroy
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by leeroy »

I should add, although my preference is for the sketchbook with the thicker paper, that may be in part just because it's what I'm used to at the moment. If there were a sketchcrawl mole with the thinner paper rather than thicker, I would still buy one or two of that one.
granny c
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Sketchbook Preference

Post by granny c »

I like to work large, personally, so I would like the larger books. I also prefer heavier paper for watercolor or pencil/ink. I'm not familiar with this brand of sketchbooks, but they sound nice and at a good price.
I can see where perforations would be okay for the watercolor paper, especially. If someone wanted to tape their paper to a board, and work with their paper wet, it would help if they could remove it from the book. Also, I like to take my pages out and scan them. I have a fairly new sketchbook with perforated pages and I like being able to take out pages, or leave them. I can also remove a page and tape it to my light table, if I need to.
They are pretty secure, so they can be left, if you want to keep your book together.
Of course, some bystander might love your work and want to buy that piece so it would be good to be able to take the picture out for them.
I can see where it would be much easier to carry a small sketchbook, but I have eye problems and am having trouble with small things. And, I'm one of those people who just feel so restricted when I have to work small. I get tighter and tighter when I work small. I am an expressionist.
I'm looking forward to my first SketchCrawl!
Cecelia
http://cecelia-throughmyeyes.blogspot.com/
bannister
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by bannister »

I agree with the large size and the thicker paper. I know it's not very efficient for Watercolor though, but it's so much more comfortable to sketch. Anyway, it's only my 2 cents. :)
bann.
artsyfran
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

MOleskines

Post by artsyfran »

I'd buy one of each!
Karen
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Karen »

I would defintely buy them if they were larger sketch books, instead of the pocket sized ones.
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

-- I'd be in, if it would be a larger size ... man, it just took me years to go for bigger drawings ;-)
sddonlon
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

But.... size DOES matter!!!!!

Post by sddonlon »

I didn't realize until someone mentioned the ones being talked about are NOT the large size, but the smaller!! So, I don't know now.... I have only used the large sketch books. Please add the larger sizes.... please...................................................................
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

I am for a large size too ... Moleskine's large, is not that large anyway ...
so I think that might be the way to go ...

e
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

by the way here are some of the customized moleskines ... pretty neat.

http://www.moleskinestories.com/pages/p ... S&code=001

Return to “19th World Wide SketchCrawl”