Limited Edition SketchCrawl MoleSkine

Saturday June 21st 2008

SketchCrawl Moleskine

I don't think I'd buy one
6%
I'd love to buy one (I'd prefer the watercolor paper notebook) (horizontal layout)
26%
I'd love to buy one (I'd prefer the original moleskine paper notebook) (vertical layout)
11%
I'd love to buy both (one watercolor notebook and one original notebook)
58%

Total votes: 121

Gerald

Post by Gerald »

Whoa :shock: There's so many ideas that come up when I
checked out that link. The "Scoop" style would be a great
placement for the Sketchcrawl Logo. There's a lot of potential
for the printed sleeve design. Looks good e.
Daniela
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Daniela »

I would definitely buy both - a pair for myself and one for Mr. James.
We practically live in our Moleys!
nikol
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by nikol »

I would buy a watercolor sketchbook (more than one) in either size. If we were allowed to change something from the current layout, I would LOVE to have a watercolor that was vertical so that I could do a sketch on two pages and end up with a 7 inch wide sketch in the 5 x 3.5 inch size or a 10 inch wide sketch in the 8.5 x 5 version.

This is a fabulous idea!
rainboy
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by rainboy »

Yap I definintly would prefer a bigger size one {^_^}
Will prob get the water colour paper ones instead.
leeroy
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by leeroy »

Those samples of custom moleskines are great. I think I'm in favor of a simple emboss, no ink. Though maybe a dark gray ink or a color just a shade lighter than the black moleskine, to make it stand out a touch more. Sketchcrawl logo on the front, toward the bottom right corner? A tagline or brief mission statement embossed on the back, the text block centered and about two thirds of the way up?

Those are my suggestions to the pot.

:)
shawn
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by shawn »

If the watercolor moleskine was only $10 (which is cheap!) and you signed it... I would buy one! :D
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

-- following your link provided, Enrico, I'd go for a colour-less imprint, too ;-)
(btw: thanks for the map!)
anthonyf
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by anthonyf »

i just opened my 2 moleskines for this sketchcrawl, watercolor and sketchbook. i had gotten them for christmas. they are wonderfull. great surface. first time i've ever used moleskine.
martha
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by martha »

This is a wonderful idea. I will buy them, whatever style they end up being. :)
-martha

*** Trumpetvine Sketchblog ***
MarilynnB
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by MarilynnB »

I'd buy the watercolor sketchbook -- the one WITHOUT PERFORATED PAGES. The paper is heavenly. :)
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Here's an update ...

So, I got some prices back from Moleskine, these are not exactly cheap to make. But it might be doable ...
I think making 500 or 1000 of these would be the best way to go. How to distribute them, it's the hard part ...

Here's the important question for you fellow sketchcrawlers. The large Moleskines retail for $17.95.
Would you buy a Limited edition SketchCrawl Moleskine for $20 ?
The details - Both Large Watercolor Notebooks and Large SketchBooks would be available - size 5"x8.25" - probably with an embossed logo, specially SketchCrawl band around the book and maybe a silkscreened first page)

To that most of you would have to add some sort of shipping ... (we'd probably sell them directly to the local crowd)

so let me know what you think. Seems fair enough?
I have to figure out if this is worth doing.

thanks

E
Gerald

Post by Gerald »

For a limited edition, embossed logo and (possibly) silkscreened page
is totally worth the $20.

We should get another voting poll running to see how many would
still be interested (locally & internationally).

Thanks e.
Rowland
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Rowland »

Price doesn't sound tooooo bad!

As you say distribution is the tricky bit: e.g. not quite sure what you mean by the local crowd: I thought they were produced here in Italy :D

It would seem silly if they were shipped to the US and then we had to pay shipping and possibly duty to get them over here!

Rowland
gustavo
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by gustavo »

enrico wrote:Here's an update ...

<snip>
Would you buy a Limited edition SketchCrawl Moleskine for $20 ?
The details - Both Large Watercolor Notebooks and Large SketchBooks would be available - size 5"x8.25" - probably with an embossed logo, specially SketchCrawl band around the book and maybe a silkscreened first page)
<snip>

E
For a Limited Edition Sketchcrawl Moleskin with the details you mention I would even pay $24.95. It would be a great item to have to remind me/us of the great community that has come together by your vision on a worldwide scale, and given that it would be a Limited Edition I wouldn't mind paying the extra $7

Technically that is a couple of latte's that one would need to skip (or your favorite drink for those in other countries) or a movie ticket, another way to look at it is to divide $7 by 12 months, that is about $0.58 cents per month.

The purpose really is to pay a little more but make this Limited Edition a reality. I can even picture some of you crawlers some 20yrs later telling your grandchildren about those wonderful sketching days.

hehe :)
Gustavo

https://www.gustavoarizmendi.com
SketchCrawl WebHosting / Maintenance donated by yours truly from 2007 to 2022.
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Good points Seeker ...

Yes I must say these books are not cheap to make ... I wish they could be closer to wholesale price, so that I could try and sell them to retailers ... but at the prices I am looking at, the only way to do this is sell them directly to the artist ... no way to make the money back with a middleman retailer...

So the only way I see would be for me to sell as many as possible in person here in SA and than I'd have to do internet sales for everyone of you around the rest of the world.

Rowland- unfortunately these moleskines would be customized in NewYork city (where this "customizing company" is) and then they'd be all shipped to me. So yes, as much as it's weird, the only way to get these to you is for me to send them .... they would go around the world before they get to you back to Italy.

Now Price wise ... I see what you're saying seeker ... these books are gonna be pretty special and there will be only 500 made for now ...
but I wonder if $25 is a little high ... I know $20 is a little low, given the cost per copy ... uhm ...

maybe we need a poll about that ... to see who would payonly $20 and would be willing to pay $25 ...

e

Return to “19th World Wide SketchCrawl”