Phoenix - Arizona - USA

Saturday June 21st 2008
crgcas
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Phoenix - Arizona - USA

Post by crgcas »

I think the consesnus at the last crawl was that, come May or June, we will need to move indoors. Anyone know which museums are the most friendly to sketchers? Someone suggested the Heard.
nikol
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Phoenix - Arizona - USA

Post by nikol »

I agree that we need to move indoors. I've had fun sketching in the Phoenix Art Museum and they definitely have a lot of material for inspiration. The Heard would be fun as well. I know we talked about trying one of the local malls (I don't remember which one). We could also try the State Capitol Museum, the Arizona Science Center, or the Phoenix History Museum.

I'll stop now. That's probably enough ideas for one post.

Nikol
artsyfran
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by artsyfran »

Any of the museums would be great.
artsyfran
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by artsyfran »

Unfortunately, I won't be able to participate in June. I have a medical thing the day before. I hope you all have an awesome time and I look forward to participating next time! :)
nikol
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by nikol »

Only 2 more weeks before the next sketchcrawl! Shall we go ahead and plan on the Heard Museum in central Phoenix? They open at 9:30am and admission is $10 each for adults. Is there anyone that is really familiar with the museum? Is there a good place for us to meet (a big statue or a main lobby)?

Can't wait to see everyone!

Nikol
nikol
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by nikol »

We have less than a week before our next meet up! Is anyone else going to be able to make it? I'm suggesting the Heard at 10:00am. We could do some sketching independently and then meet up at the cafe at noon. What do you think?

Nikol
crgcas
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by crgcas »

artsyfran: So sorry you can't make this one - hope you can join us for the next.

Nikol: Wow, time flies! I agree on the locale and time - does anyone know the Heard's policy on sketching? Hope we can drum up another great crowd - see you all Saturday.
nikol
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by nikol »

Craig: I called the Heard and they allow sketching. They don't even place any restrictions so we can use pens and watercolor. They also allow photography as long as you don't use flash.

I thought I should emphasize that we are going to be at the Heard Downtown (the one on Central, north of McDowell) since there are now 2 other branches. They have special directions on their website to help you get around the light rail construction.

Can't wait to see everyone!

Nikol
crgcas
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by crgcas »

Awesome - thanks for calling them Nikol! I will probably head down a little sooner(close to the 9:30am opening) as I will need to cut out a little early. We are celebrating father's day a week late on Saturday afternoon. I just got word Greg will be joining us as well. See you all then!

Map: http://www.heard.org/NETCOMMUNITY/Page. ... &srcid=204

Return to “19th World Wide SketchCrawl”