19th SketchCrawl on June 21 -- Toronto group

Saturday June 21st 2008
Nicola Abraham
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

19th SketchCrawl on June 21 -- Toronto group

Post by Nicola Abraham »

Three of us from Toronto went out on March 29 for the 18th SketchCrawl, and had a cold but great time. Still wrestling with the posting/sharing results technical aspects, but hope to have this resolved by June 21. Is there anyone else from Toronto who wants to get together to draw in Toronto on June 21? Last time we used my studio as a base (St. Clair/Bathurst area) but there's no reason we could not meet elsewhere, now that the weather is better and we don't need quick access to a warm indoor space! We could do Kensington Market, Spadina Road, Fort York, Harbourfront, the Distillery District ... whatever.
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: 19th SketchCrawl on June 21 -- Toronto group

Post by 77778 »

Just a thought, but maybe the Markham and Toronto events should be fused together. Get more people out that way =D As for location, I'm good with anywhere scenic with a good restaurant or cafe nearby.
Lizabeth
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler
Canada

Post by Lizabeth »

Hello!
I've recently moved to the east end of Toronto, and would love to join up for the June SketchCrawl. I'll probably be bringing along a few friends as well.

As for location, anywhere that is accessible by public transit would be fabulous. The Distillery would be awesome, or maybe a park (High Park, Ashbridges Bay)?

Liz

edit - re: Combining Toronto and Markham SketchCrawl groups, it would be very cool to get a big group going, but I would likely not be able to get out to Markham. I don't mind having my own little crawl in T.O. if the big meet-up happens in Markham, though.

However things end up, I'm totally cool with it. Looking forward to seeing everyone's drawings next month, if not seeing them at the 'Crawl! :D
Nicola Abraham
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Nicola Abraham »

Hi Liz,

I haven't yet done the invitation to my mailing list of potential June 21 SketchCrawlers, so I don't know how many others there will be, or what they will want to do. I'm kind of partial to going down to the Distillery District because I've only ever been there at night, and I loved the cobblestones and all the interesting buildings there and think it would be a really interesting place to draw in the day. I'm not an early riser but we could meet there at 11 a.m., say, if that is all right with you. It would be great to have a good solid contingent from Toronto!

Nikki
Lizabeth
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler
Canada

Post by Lizabeth »

Hi Nikki,
The Distillery district at 11 a.m. sounds great, if there are no objections from those on your mailing list or otherwise. :) I've been to the Distillery a number of times, but have never gone there to sketch. Looking forward to it!

Liz
Nicola Abraham
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Nicola Abraham »

Hi Liz,

Great! We can look for each other (women with sketch pads? In my case, I'll have a fold-up stool and a small bucket with watercolour paraphernalia as well) at 11:00 a.m. on June 21, and take it from there. A number (well, a few) people on my list have shown interest, but there's no definite commitment from anyone yet. With any luck, the movement will gather momentum. If not ... there'll be the two of us, and it will be fun. Looking forward to meeting you (and any others you can round up) on the 21st!

Nikki
Lizabeth
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler
Canada

Post by Lizabeth »

Hi,
Yep, I'll have my sketching stuff and probably be wearing a backpack (because I'm just too cool and fashionable like that... harhar), also I've got at least two other people on board. I'll let you know who else I can wrangle into coming!

Talk to you soon,
Liz
Lizabeth
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler
Canada

Post by Lizabeth »

Hello!
Since my previous post the few people I managed to tentatively wrangle into sketching on Saturday have had to make other plans. I am still hopeful for some last minute additions! :P

Either way, I am still excited for sketching madness tomorrow!

- Liz
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by 77778 »

Well, I'm comming downtown regardless today and I was hoping to find some more info aside from simply "The Distillary District" but I'll head down there at some point, look around, and if I don't see anybody with sketchbooks I'll head back to Futureshop on Young for their VG fest. Too bad it's so darned cloudy out.
Nicola Abraham
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Nicola Abraham »

Hi,

Sorry I think we missed you today. Three people showed up from Markham, and three from Toronto. We connected with each other early on, but then drifted apart. But we missed YOU entirely. Next time maybe we can all decide on a place to meet where it's easier to find one another! I hope to see the Markham group's sketches up soon -- they looked good from the brief glance I got. Our group's will go up as soon as I can get a good night's sleep and then work on the technical side of things tomorrow. I hope you did get some sketches done anyhow, but too bad we could not have met up with you.

Nikki

Return to “19th World Wide SketchCrawl”