Is anyone else out there a keen Crawler but a techno-idiot?

Share any drawings from your sketchcrawls

Moderator: Gerald

Nicola Abraham
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Is anyone else out there a keen Crawler but a techno-idiot?

Post by Nicola Abraham »

I'm trying to "post" about the 3 hardy SketchCrawlers who turned out on Saturday for the 18th SketchCrawl in Toronto (we only heard about it on the previous Monday). We had a great day and it was so exciting to be part of this great worldwide drawing adventure (our usual thing is life drawing so the outside thing was a bit of a departure for some of us -- well OK, for ME). We did some nice drawings but can't figure out (yet) how to get them up to the site for sharing. :cry: But I'm still at the stage of trying to figure out all the terminology and how to post messages. This is my 2nd attempt but I'll keep trying. Please email me if you can give me any tips. I am working on a Macintosh computer, running OSX but not the latest version, and I have never had an instant-messaging thing going and I don't know the first thing about blogging. Any help will be appreciated!

Nicola Abraham
littlefish
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by littlefish »

Not sure if you have read the stick here: viewtopic.php?t=2832

Have you ever posted/uploaded images/photos online before?

If you can have your images uploaded, to Flickr.com , or Google's web album, or some other image-hosting websites, then the sticky would probably be enough.

hmm, if you have any specifc question please post and I'll try to help!
Nicola Abraham
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Nicola Abraham »

Thanks for responding. I don't know how to get into Flickr, I've never tried to do that. Can you tell me how? Are you working on a Mac (like me?) Instructions that are good for PCs do not work for Mac users, as you likely already know.

Once I get into Flickr., then I have to solve the problem of uploading my pictures onto my computer. I have an HP camera but it came with a printer and I have to send everything through the printer. I got it to work one time, but now I can't get it to work. Grrr!

Still, one problem at a time! If I can figure out how to get into Flickr., I will redouble my efforts at solving the uploading problem.

Thanks for your help.

Nicola
littlefish
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by littlefish »

Ground zero instructions. These should be the same for PC or MAC users.

Outline:
1. digitalize the skteches
2. publish digitalized images online
3. link the published images here in your postings <sticky should be good>

Details:
1. digitalize the sketches.
You need to convert your images/sketches from paper/actual media into digital data. 2 most common methods are Scanner and digital camera.

Is your HP camer a digital camera? if so, you can take a photo of your sketch, under the best lighting you have, without a flash, and use the camera cable to transfer the digital photo images to your computer.

If your camera doesnt work, ask around your friends who own digital cameras and ask them to help you to get your sketches photo'd and transfered to your computer.

If this doesnt work, or you dont know anyone willing to help, you can go to any public libraries. I remember the libraries in Toronto have scanners for use. You can ask the library stuff to help you to scan the images and then save them on a USB drive, if you have one, else save them locally and directly uploading to the internet. <see section 2>

If you goto school, I am sure in your school computer labs/library should have scanners availalbe for personal use and it'll be easy to find people who can help you there.

2. publish digitalized images online
There are many different on-line websites you can do this; but to make it simple, lets just do flicker.

goto http://flickr.com/ and register a free account. <There is a "Create Your Account" button on the page> If you have an Yahoo mail account, you can use that to login and get a flick account. after registration and likely activation, login into your flickr account and you should see the link "Upload Photos" and click on it, follow the instructions and find your digitalized images and start upload

when uploading finishes, you can then follow the sticky viewtopic.php?t=2832 and hopefully you are good to go.

Note if you use scanners at public libraries/labs, please remove you locally saved files after you finish.

Hope this helps!
btw, maybe also check out the other Toronto WWS participants and they may help too! and you people should meet up together anyways :):)

Return to “Random SketchCrawlings”