Share any drawings from your sketchcrawls

Moderator: Gerald

amritamarino
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

First time sketchcrawler - Coney Island, Brooklyn

Post by amritamarino »

Hi,
I am completely new to sketch crawling but after a few bad experiences sketching alone, I think I might be interested in sketch crawling. I am interested in sketching at Coney Island, Brooklyn and am not sure how this is organized. August 9th, Saturday, probably 4 pm ish. How does this work? Do people just show up (or not show up)? Ok. I am done. If no one shows up, I will be there alone on the boardwalk.

Amrita

http://www.flickr.com/photos/amritamarino/
gustavo
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: First time sketchcrawler - Coney Island, Brooklyn

Post by gustavo »

Greetings Amrita!
Welcome to SketchCrawl.

Typically every couple of months or so the founder of SketchCrawl will select a date and then on that date people all over the world participate. These are the world wide events, and as you have noticed there are also the random events that people organize in between the larger event.
You have taken the first step by posting when you can/will be avaiable. Hopefully other artists can join you on that date... sometimes it takes time to build up a group, so don't get discouraged if nobody shows up, sometimes it just takes time for people to be aware, it may help to talk to people at art stores, etc., or join one of the larger events to get to know other people. I have heard people overhere say they are scared to participate with larger groups because of the fear of more able/capable artists being around/viewing their work, etc.. It's a lot of fun though and the people are pretty supportive.

Good luck and please post your results.

Seeker/Gus
Gustavo

https://www.gustavoarizmendi.com
SketchCrawl WebHosting / Maintenance donated by yours truly from 2007 to 2022.

Return to “Random SketchCrawlings”