2nd Doha SketchCrawl - 11 December

Share any drawings from your sketchcrawls

Moderator: Gerald

travelingsuep
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

2nd Doha SketchCrawl - 11 December

Post by travelingsuep »

Three of us gathered for the first Doha SketchCrawl as part of the 29th WW SC. We met at Souq Waqif sketched, drank coffee, and had some fun. Time to do it again, so I'm looking for artists, young or old, experienced or not, to join me on 11 December.

As the weather is perfect now, but days short, I was thinking of a crawl around dhow/marina end of the Corniche. Lots of choice of subjects: dhows, city across bay, buildings, people etc.

Meet at 1pm, 11 December, at oyster near Islamic Art museum.

Please leave a message below if you are interested, or PM me.
travelingsuep
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: 2nd Doha SketchCrawl - 11 December

Post by travelingsuep »

I found the 2nd Doha SketchCrawl a little disappointing. Despite calling for sketchers on several different forums, including here, there were only 3 of us again last Saturday. On top of that, the others seemed more interested in chatting and relaxing, which is what a Saturday is about I guess. We drew the giant oyster on Doha's Corniche, which was our meeting point and is every tourist's first photo point. However, after that there didn't seem any good places to sit and draw the nearby dhows. This is my second failed attempt to sketch them, the first back in October was abandoned due to the high humidity, third time lucky perhaps? So, we headed into the souq for coffee. Whilst the others chatted I sketched a couple of people nearby, attempting to talk too, unfortunately the others' lethargy rubbed off and that was all I did.

Pen & ink in a Daler A5 sketchbook.

Return to “Random SketchCrawlings”