Phoenix - AZ - USA

Saturday October 25th 2008

Where shall we crawl?

Arizona Science Center & Heritage Square [http://www.phoenix.gov/PARKS/heritage.html]
17%
Desert Botanical Gardens
83%

Total votes: 6

crgcas
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Phoenix - AZ - USA

Post by crgcas »

Image Hmm, Late October? I think that opens up the outdoors to a crawl in Phoenix! I believe we tossed a few indoor ideas around last time but I think we could plan for anywhere now. I'd vote for either garden but I could be easily talked into somthing else. Any ideas?

Looking forward to seeing you all again and dusting off my sketchbook. :wink:
Last edited by crgcas on Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nikol
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Phoenix - AZ - USA

Post by nikol »

I love your little lizard guy! What a fabulous mascot. I agree that we should go somewhere outside since the weather would be beautiful. I'm up for a garden or a zoo. Does anyone know what month the Chihuly sculptures are going to be placed at Desert Botanical Garden?

Can't wait!

Nikol
Mossgate
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Mossgate »

Sorry I didn't attend the last get together. Between the heat and my lack of drawing talent I sort of spiraled down into a depression thinking about it. BUT cooler weather will be here in October and I will have had some more drawing practice so I should be "up to the task" by then.

Met Nikol at Art Unraveled. Always love your work Nikol.

Mossgate
crgcas
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by crgcas »

Nikol: Thanks! The Chihuly exhibit does not start until November sometime, alas. Next crawl...

Mossgate: Look forward to having you there, yes, the weather should be aweosme in Oct!

Zoo or garden still works for me. Any other opinions?
Artvisionz
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Artvisionz »

The garden sounds wonderful to me as I have been waiting for the weather to cool down enough to go again!
Angie
Waterblossoms
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Waterblossoms »

Yea!!! You name the place and time and I will be there...can't wait! All the best...Margaret :)
Artvisionz
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Artvisionz »

And if Margaret is gonna' be there, I for sure don't want to miss out! I want to spy on her! ;) Margaret, I'm so fascinated with your doodles and paint. I always blow your images up full screen on my computer to really see what you did but I'd love it even more if I could watch you in action!
Angie
Waterblossoms
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Waterblossoms »

OOOH Great Angie!...This sounds like it has the makin' of a real fun day! :) Can't wait!
Waterblossoms
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Waterblossoms »

Have we come up with a date...time...place for the 20th WW Crawl? I just don't want to be out of the loop...:)
Margaret
noswimming
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by noswimming »

I recently heard about sketchcrawl and would love to join in. The garden would definitley get my vote, but I am very flexible. Any excuse to draw!
halo0784
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by halo0784 »

im in just need to know where =)
crgcas
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by crgcas »

Wow - sounds like it will be a great turnout.

I am still up for anywhere! Sk8r14 said she would prefer somthing more archetectural and I think the consesnus is that downtown is the most central location. Either garden is still great as a fallback though. Still plenty of time for new ideas...
halo0784
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by halo0784 »

city scape sounds fun, and the ability to get snacks and coffee is nice any ideas on a path or street to start on
nikol
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by nikol »

Hi! We have less than a week and we still haven't figured out a time and place. How about we go to downtown Phoenix? The weather isn't as cool as I was hoping it would be by the end of October but it fluctuates so the weather could be broiling or it could be gorgeous.

I suggest that we meet outside the front doors of the Arizona Science Center http://www.azscience.org/location_hours.php at 9:30am. If it is nice out, we can walk around Heritage Square http://www.phoenix.gov/PARKS/heritage.html and draw the houses and plants. If it is miserable hot we can go into the Science Center (which opens at 10:00am) or the Phoenix History Museum or a variety of other things that are all in the general area.

If the majority would rather go to the Desert Botanical Garden, I'm happy with that too. I'll try to figure out how to do a poll so people can vote.

Nikol

I can't figure out how to do a poll. If you post, would you just say where you would prefer to go in your post? Thanks.
donnam
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by donnam »

Hi Nikol, only the person who posted the first message can create a poll, which would be crgcas. You can search the FAQ to see how to do it--easy.

Return to “20th World Wide SketchCrawl”