San Francisco, CA - USA

Saturday January 10th 2009

Are you up for meeting only at the end of the day for this sketchcrawl?

Yes, let's try it!
43%
Uhm, not sure...
13%
Nah, I'd rather not.
43%

Total votes: 30

chrispalmer
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: San Francisco, CA - USA

Post by chrispalmer »

Metreon sounds good to me, but I can make the DeYoung work as well. I am driving up from the South Bay and only have half a car full if anyone needs a ride.
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

Well, the Metreon is not a bad idead ... but let's stick with the DeYoung ... I'd rather not change plan this late some crawlers might not get the update ...

so let's keep it to the cafe at the DE YOUNG MUSEUM 4pm.

cheers
venecys
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by venecys »

so far, start point is at Ferry Building around 10 to 10:30am, and meet up 4pm at De Young?
that is long long way to go from Ferry building to De Young.
do we need buy a ticket to get in De Young Cafe?
I will try to see you guys at De Young.

see you soon~
John D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by John D »

see you Saturday!
John Deckert
www.johnd.com
enrico
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by enrico »

no tickets needed for either the viewing tower (really neat) or the cafe'

e
Danny
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Danny »

Some of us are planning to going to de younge in them morning and spending the whole day within proximity of there (or in the actual museum)

So feel free to join us and say hello if you see peeps sketching in the de younge area.
gustavo
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by gustavo »

While looking for places to visit, i discovered that there is a botanical garden (http://www.sfbotanicalgarden.org/) close to theYoung museum and further looking into that website, discovered the following:

"Looking to explore San Francisco arts and culture? Then take your imagination for a ride aboard the new 74X CultureBus. Convenient stops at Yerba Buena, Union Square, Civic Center, and Golden Gate Park bring you close to major museums and other cultural destinations. For one $7 fare, enjoy unlimited rides between 8:40 a.m. and 5:50 p.m. Just look for the big, yellow 74X CultureBus"

http://www.sfculturebus.org/route.htm

Looks like a perfect solution for Saturday's SketchCrawl (in terms of public transportation).
Gustavo

https://www.gustavoarizmendi.com
SketchCrawl WebHosting / Maintenance donated by yours truly from 2007 to 2022.
John D
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by John D »

I'm thinking about going through the Exploratorium. That only a mile and a half from the De Young.
John Deckert
www.johnd.com
fasdy
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by fasdy »

Danny wrote:Some of us are planning to going to de younge in them morning and spending the whole day within proximity of there (or in the actual museum)

So feel free to join us and say hello if you see peeps sketching in the de younge area.
If I do end up being able to make it Saturday (first one that I could be able to do, whoo!), this is what I'll probably end up doing; proximity/in. Since I haven't been to one before, I'd love to meet and be around other Crawlers during the day, rather than only at the end. It'll be me and the boyfriend, and maybe some other buddies if I can get some to come out.
Satoshi
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Satoshi »

De Young at 4pm it is!! Thanks for clarifying Enrico. I don't know if some people are gathering at the Ferry station but Ill be there at 10 or so to start off. Then I'll go off in and around town! Ciao!
S
storydesign
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by storydesign »

DeYoung sounds great- just in town for Macworld and was planning to go to the park before I saw yor post!

see ya there

gustavo wrote:While looking for places to visit, i discovered that there is a botanical garden (http://www.sfbotanicalgarden.org/) close to theYoung museum and further looking into that website, discovered the following:

"Looking to explore San Francisco arts and culture? Then take your imagination for a ride aboard the new 74X CultureBus. Convenient stops at Yerba Buena, Union Square, Civic Center, and Golden Gate Park bring you close to major museums and other cultural destinations. For one $7 fare, enjoy unlimited rides between 8:40 a.m. and 5:50 p.m. Just look for the big, yellow 74X CultureBus"

http://www.sfculturebus.org/route.htm

Looks like a perfect solution for Saturday's SketchCrawl (in terms of public transportation).
Eloquentcurve
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Eloquentcurve »

Just wanted to confirm myself and a friend will be meeting any crawlers at the Peet's in the Ferry building location at 10am.

See you then!

Miranda
fabianmolina
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by fabianmolina »

Hey Guys,

Afew Friends and I are going to be meeting on sutter and Powell for some Coffee at 10 am, then head to China town for a bit. After that who knows! But I hope to meet you all, and see your stuff at the de young!

Fabian
Fabianmolina.com

I too Dream in Color and in Line...
vandyke
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by vandyke »

I'll be at Peet's at 10 am no prob. and at the DeYoung at 4 pm.
Some thoughts: I love the Culture Bus idea. It offers a great way to provide some stucture to the crawl (on the way to the DeYoung). Enrico mentions the N Judah in one of his posts and that is also an excellent way to the DeYoung. Getting to the DeYoung earlier rather than later and sketching around that area is another good way to be at the end of day meeting site without possibly stressing out at the last minute as to how to get there.
My advice is that around 3 pm, if you are not in the area of the DeYoung, get on a bus (if that's how you're getting around) and start heading in that direction. My understanding is that there is a parking garage available at the DeYoung for those driving. Don't know what the cost per hour is.
See you all!
'One can have no smaller or greater mastery than mastery of oneself.' - Leonardo da Vinci
lofatmo
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by lofatmo »

Hey all, I'm a new sketchcrawler and hope I can tag along come Saturday. I'll aim to be at Peet's at 10a brandishing a sketchbook in the international symbol for "is this sketchcrawl?",
M

Return to “21st World Wide SketchCrawl”