Atlanta, GA - USA

Saturday January 10th 2009
Adam Bored
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Atlanta, GA - USA

Post by Adam Bored »

I'm thinking it needs to happen, anyone who thinks also should suggest ideas on where we should meet and go. I'm personally a fan of North Highlands and Little Five Points BUT--I'm certainly open to any or all ideas so let's just start with those for now.
MarilynnB
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Atlanta, GA - USA

Post by MarilynnB »

Adam, we are a bunch of SketchCrawlers who have been doing this for the past year. We're in the process of selecting our location -- indoors, we hope! We'll post as soon as we know. Come join us!
Adam Bored
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Adam Bored »

OH~Well cool then.
I'm rather glad to find out i was totally wrong.
Indoors eh?
Sounds like you guys are gonna be all wimpy about it (kidding)
But please, keep me informed on what you decide.
Lookin forward to it.
MarilynnB
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by MarilynnB »

Hi Adam -- and anybody else from Atlanta who wants to join us:

We've found what we think is a GREAT place for a January SketchCrawl: Atlanta Water Gardens. They have a very large and visually interesting display area full of plants, fountains, ponds with koi, and sculptures -- plus, the lovely sounds of trickling water. It'll be a great place to sketch. The owners have already hosted photo classes there, so they are used to having artists around, and they are very pleased to have us come on January 10th.

Atlanta Water Gardens is at 2165 Cheshire Bridge Rd NE, Atlanta, just south of the intersection with LaVista. Here's their website: <www.atlantawatergardens.com>

Some of us are planning to have breakfast together around 9:00 am at the Original Pancake House on LaVista, just east of the intersection with Cheshire Bridge. Then we'll carpool over to the Water Gardens at 10:00.

Hope to see you there! :thumbup:
Adam Bored
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Adam Bored »

I've been around that area but not really enough to really know "what's happenin" there.
Sounds like a pretty nice idea though. If nothing else, it's nice to indoors...at least that's what it looks like.
I'll have to look into it a bit.
Meantime though, sounds like the awesome.
giantsloths
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by giantsloths »

Is there a minimum recommended age? Would it be inappropriate to bring my (well behaved and drawing) children ages 9 and 11?

Return to “21st World Wide SketchCrawl”