Bryan/College Station, Calvert, Texas Brazos Valley Area

Saturday January 10th 2009
granny c
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Bryan/College Station, Calvert, Texas Brazos Valley Area

Post by granny c »

Let's draw the Brazos Valley on this next Sketch Crawl.
Anyone in the other communities want to start a group in your area? Or you can join with us in Calvert, Bryan/College Station.
I'm so excited that we can get t-shirts this time!
If you would like to do Enrico's idea of just drawing on your own, starting and working on your own schedule and location, then meeting up at the end of the day to share and enjoy some fellowship, that will work, too.
Otherwise, so far, this is what we plan.
In Calvert:
Meet at Mud Creek Pottery, 407 Main, Calvert at 8:30 a.m. (earlier if you like)
Sketch in the morning, as a group or solo
Lunch, together or on your own
Sketch in the afternoon
Meet to share experiences and work at the end of the day. Have something to eat and fellowship, if this is what people want.
In Bryan:
Meet at the LaSalle Hotel in downtown Bryan at 8:30 a.m. Earlier, if you want. Check in with Greta Watkins at the Frame Gallery, at some time, to let people know you are participating.
Sketch during the morning, as a group or individually.
Lunch together, or on your own.
Sketch in the afternoon.
Meet at the end of the day to share experiences and work, have something to eat and fellowship, if people want.
I'm hoping that we can get more participation this time.
Contact Sonny Moss in Calvert at Mud Creek Pottery, Greta Watkins at the Frame Gallery in Bryan, or me for more information.
granny c
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Bryan/College Station, Calvert, Texas Brazos Valley Area

Post by granny c »

Here's the plan for Bryan/College Station for tomorrow's Sketch Crawl.
Meet about 8:30 a.m. at the LaSalle Hotel. It may be cool and windy tomorrow, so it might be a good idea to meet in the coffee shop. If it isn't too cool out, we could meet in the courtyard. We can decide if there is a group, if people want to work as a group or on their own, and where.
After 10:00 a.m., participants can register at the Frame Gallery in downtown Bryan. It would be nice to know who is sketching and where.
Spend the day sketching and, at the end of the day, meet back at the Frame Gallery to share and, if anyone wants to socialize, they can.
Since it might be cool, I'm thinking of indoor places to work, like Rudy's Barbeque with its fireplace, the Corner of Time with its soda fountain, Chicken Oil Company or Sweet Eugene's. Even the Carnegie or Bryan Library with those interesting doll houses. We can figure that out tomorrow.
Those who want to meet in Calvert, go to Mud Creek Pottery on Main Street.
You can start early or late, but we need to know, somehow, that you participated.
I hope that we will have more participation this time.
Let me know if you have questions at grannyc_54@yahoo.com .
Have fun drawing tomorrow, everyone!

Return to “21st World Wide SketchCrawl”