Alameda CA - FBCA SketchCrawl

Saturday January 10th 2009
debraowen
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Alameda CA - FBCA SketchCrawl

Post by debraowen »

Hi, I'm Debra Owen, Executive Director of Frank Bette Center for the Arts in Alameda CA, right across the Bay Bridge from SF and next door to Oakland. I've been wanting to get Alameda into the SketchCrawl thing for a couple of years now! So, I guess it's about time I "did something" to support that vision. ;-)

The Frank Bette Center is all about bringing the arts to the community and the community to the arts. We host a couple of major events that do just that; Alameda on Camera and Plein Air Paintout. Check out the website (frankbettecenter.org) for info on these... let me know your questions.

I'm very excited for another great opportunity to support and encourage artists by promoting Alameda's participation in the SketchCrawl! woo hoo!

At the FB we have a "go big or go home" creative culture.... so we'll start right out with a sunrise to sundown schedule. That way anyone can find a time slot that works for them to enjoy sketching and connecting. To follow the Saturday SketchCrawl, FB will host a Sunday 10 AM coffee/bagels wake-up-call for everyone to share their Saturday sketches. (Sorry, we can't do it that Saturday pm because we have the 2nd Saturday Poetry Reading happening then.)

So, I could jump right in and let my control freak inclinations set the schedule and locations... but I'd really like to take suggestions of places artists would like to meet. Lets do 2 hour increments with a 1/2hr break between locations.

Sunrise will be at 7:25 AM
Sunset will be at 5:08 PM

I suggest we start at Crosstown Coffee. They have a large space and are open at 7AM on Saturdays. They're on the corner of High and Encinal. We can sketch 7-9 at Crosstown. Then go somewhere else for the 9:30-11:30 time slot. Is that a good idea?

Where else should we go???

Thx Enrico for getting the World Wide SketchCrawl going!

Looking forward to this new adventure.

love, Debra
Unleash Creativity!
Debra

Return to “21st World Wide SketchCrawl”