Wyckoff/Waldwick, NJ - USA [RESULTS]

Saturday January 10th 2009
mhimeswc
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Wyckoff/Waldwick, NJ - USA [RESULTS]

Post by mhimeswc »

I set out to do a solo sketchcrawl today, as my sister and usual co-sketchcrawler was home with a cold. It ended up being more of a sketchdrive, and a very short one at that.

My first stop was a local park where I sketched some winter trees from my car. By the time I finished, it was 10:30, and it was snowing a little. Since we were expecting 6 inches, and since I had to deliver a painting to a juried show today, I headed home to take care of the painting before the roads got bad.

Delivered the painting and headed home again for lunch. As I pulled into the driveway I decided to sketch my deer made of Christmas lights. By the time I finished this one it was snowing hard so I went in the house and made myself a cup of tea.

Two sketches don't make much of a sketchcrawl, but hey, it's January in New Jersey and I'm a wimp about being cold/driving in snow. Hope you like them.
eyes
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Re: Wyckoff/Waldwick, NJ - USA [RESULTS]

Post by eyes »

Hello Michelle, nice line sketching of your surrounding. I heard that Joan was not feel so great but she managed to sketch around her neighborhood. Your trees are great, were they the same place you did the last crawl in the fall season? Your deer decorations are great and cute too.
mhimeswc
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by mhimeswc »

Thanks for looking, Ai. Yes, the trees are from one of my favorite parks. I like to sketch there.
Joan T
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Joan T »

Mickey - Sorry we didn't get to Sketchcrawl together this time...hopefully we will the next time. I like the sketch of the trees from the wildlife center. It really gives the impression of the emptiness of a cold winter day. Great job on Kevin's deer decorations on the front lawn! Now you know it was worth having him buy them.
mhimeswc
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by mhimeswc »

Thanks, Joan. I don't know what made me sketch the deer decorations - they just jumped out at me when I pulled into the driveway. They were a lot of fun to sketch. You never know where you will find a good subject.

Return to “21st World Wide SketchCrawl”