Washington DC, USA

Saturday April 11th 2009
Ctribastone
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Washington DC, USA

Post by Ctribastone »

Thoughts?

The weather should be a bit nicer than scrawl 21 and the Cherry Blossoms are likey to be in bloom, but thats is just one of many options of course.

21 was my first scrawl (with Julia) and was a lot of fun, but I know bigger groups have gotten together for it in the past. I hope a team can get together to go out this April.

-Christian
cobweb
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Washington DC, USA

Post by cobweb »

I'd like to make it to this one... so if all goes well, I'm in! Cherry blossoms would be a nice challenge to capture.

-Kay
newton
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by newton »

I will be in DC on April 11th and would love to join a crawl. Cherry blossoms would be great, but I'll be part of it anywhere. I did Grand Central Terminal in New York City (Where I live) in January. I follow this page. Peggy
Ctribastone
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Ctribastone »

Well, turns out that's a bad weekend for me to sketchcrawl. Oh well. I hope those who make it out to draw have fun!
newton
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by newton »

Is anyone in the DC area going to try and join the sketchcrawl? The cherry blossoms sound like a good idea.
dimplz
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by dimplz »

i just signed up for sketchcrawl. i would definitely be interested in attending sketchcrawl washington DC in april. keep me in the loop! thanks!
Studio-1-F
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Studio-1-F »

Well, turns out that's a bad weekend for me to sketchcrawl.
Durn! I really admire your work and I was looking forward to meeting you! (Next time, I guess.)

I am in for the Sketchcrawl (yet again). Please post your suggested rendezvous spots here. I guess cherry blossoms it is, so it's to be somewhere on the Mall.

By the way, I am in the process of making a Sketch DC Guide Map, with suggested drawing venues: http://tinyurl.com/sketchdc

If you know of any other good sketch spots, please let me know. I'll add them!

Jan
Rajikavani
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Rajikavani »

Hi!

Would love to join the 22nd sketch crawl happening in dc on the 11th.Can anyone tell me where the dc group of sketch crawlers will be meeting ?

A few of my artist friends would like to join in as well!
Rajikavani
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Rajikavani »

I am still looking for sketch crawlers from dc.There are about 5 of us .How should I find fellow sketch crawlers from dc.I put up a post but have not received any replies.
newton
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by newton »

There is a 300-year-old Japanese Stone Lantern, weighing 20 tons and eight feet tall on the tidal basin.(It is lit for the Cherry Blossom Festival) I suggest we meet there around 11:00 AM.

I have not lived in Dc for over twenty years, but will be intown for the sketchcrawl. I will attempt to figure out its location, but one of you who lives in DC can probably do a quicker and better job of finding out exactly where it is.
newton
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by newton »

In a listing of festival events it say the lantern is at "Tidal Basin At Independence Ave. ". Can we do better?
Studio-1-F
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Studio-1-F »

The Lantern is ". . . on Independence Avenue, east of West Basin Drive, SW, on the right when traveling east."
Map is here: http://www.hmdb.org/map.asp?markers=220 ... 9,9039,208

(http://www.hmdb.org/marker.asp?marker=220)

Jan
newton
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by newton »

OK, let's meet at the Stone Lantern at111:00 AM...Please post if you are coming. I'll be there.
Rajikavani
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Rajikavani »

Hi Newton and Studio FI

I will be there at the Japanese Stone Latern at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday alongwith a few more artist friends.

I hope to see you there. How will we recognise the sketch crawlers?

I guess just spot anyone whose sketching?

Looking forward to an entire day of sketching!

Vani
Thorsx
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Thorsx »

I will be in DC visiting from Orlando Florida. Love to join the crawl. Visit my blog to see my work thorspecken.blogspot.com
Look forward to meeting you all!

Return to “22nd World Wide SketchCrawl”