Bozeman, Montana, USA [RESULTS]

Saturday April 11th 2009
paul_heaston
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Bozeman, Montana, USA [RESULTS]

Post by paul_heaston »

Well, the first Bozeman SketchCrawl was a big success, with at least 14 participants and tons of great sketches from everyone. The forecast called for rain on the 11th, so I was a little nervous the previous day, but Bozeman woke up to blue skies and mild temperatures that stayed that way almost all day.

I started the Crawl with a sketch at home before leaving to meet up at Wild Joe's Coffee:

At Joe's we waited for folks to trickle in and I drew a quickie:

and a couple of longer-term sketches of some of the customers (Audrey on the left was also a sketchcrawler):

Around 11am I sat down at a sunny corner with Lorie Hoffman and we both started drawing the Rocky Mountain Rug Gallery, which had been boarded up following the explosion downtown a month ago. Pretty soon a few more "crawlers" joined us, and I started drawing at a much more leisurely pace as we chatted and enjoyed the beautiful weather:

After a break for a delicious lunch at La Tinga with some fellow crawlers, I headed back to finish the Rug Gallery sketch, and then headed on to the library. After and aborted attempt to draw out the window from the second floor, I sat on a bench outside and drew the building across the street in my new pocket watercolor Moleskine. I added the color later.

That evening my girlfriend Linda and I headed to our friends' Harvey and Robbye's house for a dinner party, and I sketched some of the other guests:

The dinner table, after we ate some delicious pasta (the sketch of Linda on the right was done later):

Some pics of Crawlers in action:

Sunday afternoon, many of the Crawlers met at the Bozeman Public Library to share sketches:

All in all, a productive first Bozeman SketchCrawl!
Joan T
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Re: Bozeman, Montana, USA [RESULTS]

Post by Joan T »

Looks like you had a great time sketching and sharing!!!! Amazing sketches!
illdave
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Bozeman, Montana, USA [RESULTS]

Post by illdave »

Great work; simply terrific! I especially like the mix of photos and drawings.

My Most Recent Crawl
http://www.illdave.com/sketchcrawl/22.htm
David Marshall, Artist in Residence
Marshall Art Studio
http://www.illdave.com

Return to “22nd World Wide SketchCrawl”