Los Angeles, CA [RESULTS]

Saturday July 11th 2009
nightengail
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Los Angeles, CA [RESULTS]

Post by nightengail »

This was my first sketchcrawl! I was very excited to attend and had a great time at Echo Park. There was an Echo Park Festival going on that day, and the weather was great. There were lots of things to see and all sorts of interesting food and beverages to tempt us. We had a smallish group of about 10 people, but that really allowed us to talk to each other and get to know new people.

I apologize for the poor quality of these. We temporarily do not have use of our scanner due to a home-repair issue.

So we know where we are:

Blocking off streets for the festival:

Angelus Temple has some very unique architecture:

people:

I was a little hesitant with my sketches this time around, but I am eager to attend the next one.

http://www.nightengailart.com/
jmechner
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Los Angeles, CA [RESULTS]

Post by jmechner »

My first sketchcrawl! So much fun. Too bad I didn't make it to the zoo... another time!

I haven't figured out how to upload images here, but I've posted a couple on my site

http://jordanmechner.com/blog/2009/07/s ... ing-in-la/
Chito705
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Chito705 »

I'm also new to Sketch Crawl. A good friend suggested that I should go. So I got off my butt and went. It was a great experience and a bit embarrassing. It was nice meeting and drawing along side such talented individuals at Echo Park. I hope to sketch more next time. Thanks for the invite Viv!
Please excuse the grimmy-ness of the scans... and also excuse the use of the word "grimmy-ness"... I know, I know... it's not a word.
-Chito Arellano

Tried to sketch a volunteer as she walked by... that was tough.. especially the swirly clouds she was kicking up.

Chatting and sketching with Viv... maybe I should trying more sketching next time.
viviannguyen
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by viviannguyen »

Lovely work on the forum so far!
This was my second time with the Los Angeles SketchCrawl group...it was a pleasure seeing everyone & meeting new people. Glad you could make it, Chito!

Here is a watercolor sketch I did on this day:

In case the image doesn't show up properly, please feel free to visit my blog as well:
http://vivdesigns.blogspot.com/

Thanks & best wishes!
~ Viv
monking
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by monking »

I really enjoyed the latest crawl. The locations have been good, but as always, it's the people that make the time worthwhile.
shihonakaza
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by shihonakaza »

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for making Sketch Crawl happen! It was so fun to hang out with other artists and draw, and randomly coming across a festival was so cool!

Here are my sketches:

In case you can't see the images above, they are also posted at my blog at http://shihonakaza.blogspot.com
Cheers!

Shiho
ncurland
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ncurland »

Finally getting mine posted! I've been out of town, so scanning and uploading were delayed.

I showed up late to the sketch crawl, so this is all I had time to sketch at Echo Park. <sigh>

But then Chris and Kendra and I went to the zoo!
Kangaroos, Wallaby, Echidna, and Komodo Dragon

Island Hornbill and Dubble Wattled Cassowary

This was really fun...may I suggest the zoo for a future crawl?
*^_^* Naomi

Return to “23rd World Wide SketchCrawl”