Reykjavík, Iceland [Results]

November 21st 2009 - Our 5th Anniversary SketchCrawl!!!
erlingingi
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Reykjavík, Iceland [Results]

Post by erlingingi »

Went downtown Reykjavik armed with a sketchpad and my Nintendo DS on this 5th anniversary of the first SketchCrawl. It was my first time participating in this formal event and I went solo. It was pretty cold so I ended up finding a seat at the cafe in City Hall which overlooks the duck pond. After drawing the bridge in pencil and sketching a goose, the twilight had really set in and I was compelled to capture it in color. So out came my Nintendo DS, (running the Colors! program) knowing I only had 5 minutes before I had to go, this was the result. It was fun but next time I promise to get more people to go and will snap some photos.
beth
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Re: Reykjavík, Iceland [Results]

Post by beth »

excellent painting and drawings! the first image gives a real feeling for the atmosphere!!
rohit
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by rohit »

very nice painting and sketches... good to know you beat the weather and participated...
m9fred
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
Austria

Post by m9fred »

Really nice to see your work. I like the duck in the foreground and the bridge far away, great perspective!

Manfred
asnee
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by asnee »

interesting to see such nice sketch from afar, we had a pleasant and sunny day in bangkok, but still quite a burn out there!
love the painting effect from your nintendo, never know it could so such marvel, did you also try one on BRUSH, used on iPhone before. tempted to get one but still asking around for alternative, eny experience or advice?.. ;-)
Asnee from bangkok
erlingingi
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by erlingingi »

Thanks for the kind words all... :) I've never tried the painting with an iphone, but the Nintendo DS has the advantage that you use a stylus and not your finger when painting. It is a convenient way to capture color quickly, with out carrying paints and solvents with you.
eclecticbox
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by eclecticbox »

Nice sketches from Iceland!
I really like the colored one, it's very inspiring. It is indeed a great way to capture colors carrying very little, I own an ITouch but didn't dare to try it this time... maybe on the next SketchCrawl.

Thanks for sharing!
Joan T
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Joan T »

Great job of capturing the color in the first one! I love the other sketches too.

Return to “25th World Wide SketchCrawl”