GREENLAND (south) [RESULTS]

Saturday February 27 2010
ninnagreenland
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

GREENLAND (south) [RESULTS]

Post by ninnagreenland »

Hello :)
I went for sketchcrawling again, luckyly it was very nice weather. But we don't have snow :eh:
Our little village is filled with history and touristattractions (inspite the size of the village), so I feel lucky to have them to sketch :)
We are about 50 people here, and we get about 2500 tourist (different from year to year) every year, sometimes a cruiseship with 300 tourists comes at once, and fill the village with people. I used to guide them (not alone of course). Enough of that, let's go on. :)

I sketch this one, "Leif the Lucky one" fist time I parcitipated, but it was from under the hill, now I went up to sketch it. :) Big metalman. Facing toward America, which he found before Colombus did. There are evidence, ruins of the vikings, dated to year 1000, so they say.

It was cold and I needed water, then I went to the public school and sketch the church from inside the school. The church is build from 1936, by initiation of the people them selves. Long story.

When I finished, I went to see the reconstructions of the vikingshouse and church. Right in front of the red church (above) and a little bit to the right, in 1960's they found a ruin with a cemetary around it, and they discovered that they had found the long-searched ruin Thjodhilde's Church, the first church ever build in Greenland, from Year 1000. So they reconstructed it including a vikinghouse (longhouse as it is called) in year 2000 to celebrate the millenium for the christ religion arrival.
So this is it, at least some of it I sketch, I wanted to include Illerfissalik the big mountain behind it. (Our Mount Everest) :D :) See those few icebergs in the sea?

I didn't draw anything else, I had to get back home and it was cold. Unbelieveble how time run fast when I draw. :) I used colored pencils to color this time, I may prefer watercolor...I found out.

That's all for now, thanks for reading the stories, and watching the sketchs :)
See you in May :) I hope to be able to parcitipate, cause that's the time we are most busy with the lambs :D Now I'll watch what you have skech today :D

~Ninna, From Brattahlid (Qassiarsuk) Greenland
Image My home :)
pascal
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: GREENLAND (south) [RESULTS]

Post by pascal »

very nice drawings. I talked of you to many people to give in exemple of what is a sketchcrawl. All were amazed, thinking of the distance. So you've a bit of fame here ;-)
Thorsten
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by Thorsten »

Ninna, thanks for sharing your report!

We allways have good weather on SCrawl-Days ;)
At least it should be dry ;)

Your colour-set matches with what I had in mind, reading the headline first ;)
I like the iceberg-sketch best.
Cheers, T
quirkyartist
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by quirkyartist »

Wonderful to see your drawings and that such a fascinating place has a sketcher taking part.
See you next time I hope.
Wendy in Sydney
Maki_Maron
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Maki_Maron »

Great drawings!! I like the red church in particular. :thumbup:
thek
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by thek »

These could be postcards! I'd buy them anyway. I agree with Pascal, I always enjoy it when a sketch captures something of a place, because it really embodies the phrase "drawing marathons from around the world". But yours are also great drawings in their own right, throughly enjoyed looking at them.
ninnagreenland
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ninnagreenland »

Thank you all for such nice words :)
SketchCrawling is for me a nice way to practice drawing, nice to have a "purpose" to sketch, cause I hardly sketch anymore.
And sketching is wonderful way to see new things, like details and colors I'd never notice it otherwise. :)
Thanks for inventing the SketchCrawl :D

~Ninna
Image My home :)
travelingsuep
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by travelingsuep »

Fabulous drawings Ninna!!! :clap:

Return to “26th World Wide SketchCrawl”