Phoenix, AZ - USA

Saturday May 15 2010
crgcas
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Phoenix, AZ - USA

Post by crgcas »

I am ready. Still up for the point but an easy to persuade elsewhere, loved sketching downtown Tempe. Who is in for #27?
alex_drom
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Phoenix, AZ - USA

Post by alex_drom »

#27 is my favorite number. But after 2 weeks of rain the desert should be in flowers soon. I can't wait 3 month to sketch it again. How about SketchCrawl #26.5? :angel:
ChaosInColor
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by ChaosInColor »

I'd like to suggest Caitlin Court in Glendale, if not for #27 then maybe for another one down the road. It's a charming little shopping area, lots of old houses turned in to shops. Crgcas, what do you do for sketchcrawl when it gets really hot outside, just start earlier?

Alexey, our sketch group is probably going to do some desert sketching soon, as you said, hopefully before the flowers are gone! Any suggestions for where we should go?

Annie
alex_drom
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by alex_drom »

I really new for Phoenix area. For summer SketchCrawl we probably should go indoor. Any type of big museum would be good. Do the Phoenix has big Natural History museum? About flowers--I don't have much of experience or suggestions, but Arizona Highways photos looks nice! I want to see it myself.
crgcas
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by crgcas »

Typically we have done museums or somplace shady and misted such as the Botanical Garden in the summer. I am sure there is time for one more before it gets too hot :). Just like in Tempe most of these places have so much you could never "over crawl" them - there is so much in every direction. I am up for anything.
alex_drom
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by alex_drom »

Going to Boyce Thompson Arboretum tomorrow. To check for wildflowers. :idea:
ChaosInColor
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by ChaosInColor »

Hey guys, any luck on narrowing down the next location? I'd like to be able to put it on our calendar soon so that Sketchy Doodle members can plan ahead. I picked the last location for the Phoenix sketchcrawl and I don't want to be a hog, so let me now when and where, and we'll be there!

Annie
Mossgate
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Mossgate »

I'm in. Have it noted on my calendar. Locations don't ever seem a sure thing until close to sketchcrawl time, it's the date that matters. Everything is pretty much within a half hour's drive whatever the location is. :wink:
crgcas
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by crgcas »

That's true! Especially if some of us (like me) don't get around to visiting the site often enough. Still open to suggestions here. If we are outside then the botanical garden is always cooler in the warmer months, or your suggestion for the last crawl sounded good Mossgate. I am open to anything.
ChaosInColor
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by ChaosInColor »

Ok guys, I had to put something on the Sketchy Doodle calendar, so I'm taking my group to the Desert Botanical Garden. I invite you all to join us (info below), but if not, I look forward to seeing your sketches of wherever you decide to draw. :-)

Annie

-----

Sketchcrawl is a worldwide drawing marathon. Basically you spend the day moving from one place to another, drawing whatever you see.

LOCATION : Desert Botanical Garden (handicapped accessible) : 8AM

GROUP RATE: If we can get 10 or more people at the gate on time, then we can get a rate of $12 per person.

Otherwise the cost is:

Adults: $15.00
Seniors: $13.50 (60 years and older)
Students (13-18 and college with ID): $7.50
Children (3-12): $5.00
Children under 3 are admitted free.
Sorry, no pets.

So grab your travel sketchbook and have fun sketching with other artists. Spend an hour or the entire day. Invite your friends, or make some new ones when you get there. :-)

All skill levels are welcome, so don't be shy. Come out and sketch with us!

RSVP @ http://www.meetup.com/SketchyDoodle/calendar/12760496/
crgcas
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler
United States of America

Post by crgcas »

Perfect! I will be there.

I am a member at dbg.org and therefore will not help your count for the group rate.

Can't wait! See you all in a few weeks.

Craig
Mossgate
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Mossgate »

I was having coffee with a couple of friends and they are interested in coming to the SketchCrawl, too.
So there should be three of us. :thumbup: :wave: :roll:

Return to “27th World Wide SketchCrawl”