Tampa, Florida

Saturday May 15 2010
mochatribe
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Tampa, Florida

Post by mochatribe »

Anyone in Tampa, or the surrounding areas joining in on this sketch crawl? I'm very excited to give it a try!
ambals
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Tampa, Florida

Post by ambals »

Yep, would like to try for the next SketchCrawl in 2010. Am a newbie sketcher and crawler. Where were you thinking would be a good area?
ambals
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ambals »

Also would really like to get a group together to do sketching together on a regular basis - maybe once or twice a month on a weekend? Anybody interested?
mochatribe
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by mochatribe »

I would definitely be interested in getting together a couple of times a month. I have tried to organize in the past but its hard to get people to commit. I don't sketch out much, so would feel much more comfortable attempting this with someone else! Ybor City might be a fun place to sketch out. There is a lot going on there, even during the day. I took some classes a few years back at the community college there and there is a lot of cool architecture and also interesting people mulling around. Any other ideas? I'll post on my facebook and see if I get any response from friends.
ambals
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ambals »

That's great news! I like the idea of getting together at Ybor during the day. Let me know if either Saturday or Sunday afternoon this weekend would work for you. Maybe we could meet up around 2pm either day? If that's not convenient, I'm willing to consider other alternatives, too.
As for weekly or at least twice monthly, good idea about Facebook. I'll do the same. I was also going to check in with the USF Architecture Department to see if they would help us promote the idea among their students. What do you think? Do you know anyone there or at HCC or UT that might help us? Thanks a bunch for your response...I'm really looking forward to our 'potential group' getting off the ground!
mothings
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by mothings »

Am interested in the sketchcrawl in tampa. Am new to sketching but would love to give it a try. Am familiar with HCC campus in Ybor.
mochatribe
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by mochatribe »

I'm pretty busy the next couple of weekends. Maybe mid-April?
rpeterika
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by rpeterika »

I'm in. Pick a date and let's go. (I've been using Sketchup for about four years now)
mochatribe
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by mochatribe »

Wow, I had never heard of sketchup before. I checked it out. Looks really cool. I'm a bit of a ludite when it comes to my art. I should get out and explore more often! I'll check with my hubby to make sure he's around to watch the kids and let you know what dates work for me. We walked around Ybor last weekend and there are a couple of coffee shops and also benches where we could hang out and draw. Thanks for your patience.
Laurie in FL
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Laurie in FL »

I'm interested! Ybor City sounds perfect!
ambals
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ambals »

Count me in too. Ybor sounds good.
Donal
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Donal »

I live in St. Pete, and am a cycle commuter, so I don't have a car, but I'll try to borrow one to get to Ybor.
ambals
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ambals »

Next Saturday is the big day! Can we meet at Centro Ybor entrance around 10am? Pls. respond here so we know how many to wait for. Thanks.
mochatribe
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by mochatribe »

Don't think I am going to make it. My little one has 103+ fever. Even if she is better, I don't think leaving will be an easy task. Please keep us posted on how it goes and how many show up. I'm really bummed. Hopefully, I can join up next time. Maybe I'll just go out in the yard and do some sketches if she naps so I'm not totally left out!
ambals
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by ambals »

Mochatribe, Sorry to hear about the little one - hope everyone feels better soon! I'll be thinking of you. Since nobody else replied, I guess I'll go solo to downtown instead. Maybe you could sketch your little one napping...post a note here if you want to get together another weekend before the 28th Sketchcrawl.

Return to “27th World Wide SketchCrawl”