Bryan/College Station, Calvert, Brazos Valley area, Texas

Saturday May 15 2010
granny c
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Bryan/College Station, Calvert, Brazos Valley area, Texas

Post by granny c »

We're planning on meeting at Wolf Pen Creek Ampitheathre. The Art Center is just up the hill from there. That night, the Starlight Concert Series is presenting Roger Creager, so that should be interesting to draw!-even their preparations! It's a free concert, if anyone would like to stay around for that!
If you want to sketch in Calvert, go to Mud Creek Pottery on Main Street.
I'll let you know about time, closer to the date.
We can start in those places, then move on to other places, as needed.
I noticed that some places are not starting until noon. I know that early moring shadows and colors are great, but some people don't like to get out that early. Afternoon shadows are great too!
So many possibilities!
Let me know if you have questions or want to join in!
http://cecelia-throughmyeyes.blogspot.com/
granny c
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Bryan/College Station, Calvert, Brazos Valley area, Texa

Post by granny c »

Let's meet at Wolf Pen Creek Park Ampitheatre in College Station about 9:00 a.m. Saturday the 15th. If you want to start earlier, that's fine, too. We can stay there, go other places, hang around to sketch preparations for the Roger Craeger Concert that night, or even stay for the concert. (It's Free!)
You might want to bring a lawn chair or blanket to sit on. There are picnic tables up on the hill and a concrete area in front of the stage. Otherwise, there is a hill and grass.
There is handicapped parking behind the park and more parking at Post Oak Mall. The Art Center is just above the park on the hill.
There is a new apt. complex across the street. I'm not sure what is in there other than the Red Mango, if we need a place to get a drink, etc.
If you want to sketch in Calvert, start at Mud Creek Pottery on Main Street. Sonny Moss is the one to talk to there.
Anyone else have some ideas?
Just bring yourself, your journaling or sketching materials, any personal items you may need such as a camera, hat, or chair, and join us -all day or a few minutes, depending on your schedule.
Cecelia
http://cecelia-throughmyeyes.blogspot.com/
granny c
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Bryan/College Station, Calvert, Brazos Valley area, Texa

Post by granny c »

If it is too wet, or raining, let's meet about 9 a.m. at the new IHOP on the HWY 6 Bypass. We can see from there, if we have a group, or where we want to go on to sketch. We may have to look for a dry place, indoors. I'm hoping it will dry out enough to sketch the concert with Roger Craeger at night, but the forecast is for more rain in the afternoon.
If it is dry enough, we can meet at Wolf Pen Creek park as planned, at 9 a.m.
Or, in Calvert, meet at Mud Creek Pottery. It's dry there! :thumbup:

Return to “27th World Wide SketchCrawl”