Detroit, MI

Saturday May 15 2010
sethkimball
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Detroit, MI

Post by sethkimball »

I'm in Metro Detroit (Ferndale) — anyone interested in meeting up?

I'm hoping to do either the morning or the afternoon out. The Detroit Zoo is a great place to sketch, but it can be a little pricey if you don't have a membership. Otherwise I'd probably choose a nice downtown area in a NW suburb - Royal Oak, Ferndale, Birmingham, someplace you could expect a lot of people to be out.
Jeff Chapman
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Detroit, MI

Post by Jeff Chapman »

I'm out of town this time, but I'd love to do it in the future. I live in Royal Oak, so it would be a piece of cake. I think it would be interesting to go in and draw in Detroit too. All the old buildings. If we get enough people we might even have safety in numbers. ;)
sethkimball
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by sethkimball »

Jeff, I saw your reply on the Mid Michigan post. Maybe next time - I'd be interested in drawing in Detroit.

Are you going to sketchcrawl in Europe? It would be great to see your results!
Jeff Chapman
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Jeff Chapman »

Seth,

I'm planning on it! I'm going to be in Dubrovnik, the most beautiful place to do a sketchcrawl ever (if one can see through the mobs of tourists :( ). I've been traveling for the past three weeks and I've almost filled two sketchbooks, but I won't be able to post until I'm back to my scanner in mid June.

Definitely let's do Detroit in the future! I think it would be a blast. Can't wait to see what the Michiganders put up here.

cheers,

Jeff

Return to “27th World Wide SketchCrawl”