Brighton - UK

Saturday May 15 2010
thelimegreencardi
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Brighton - UK

Post by thelimegreencardi »

Hi Everyone!

Sketchcrawl in Brighton, East Sussex on 15 May. Meet inside foyer of Jubilee Library, Jubilee Street at 1pm. I will be wearing lime green jacket. Loads going on nearby - Brighton Fringe City promises stalls, street performers & music from 1pm-5pm or there's Pavillion Gardens for tea, cake & people drawing - masses of sketching opportunities!

Please come along - all welcome, all abilities! Come for half an hour or longer.
marie-pierre
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: Brighton - UK

Post by marie-pierre »

Ooooh! I wish i could come to Brighton, it's so full of beautiful places for a crawl... looking forward to see your sketches next week, it sure will bring back some memories... have a nice day. mp brussels, belgium

http://lescarnetsdemp.blogspot.com/
thelimegreencardi
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Hi marie-pierre - Maybe if we do another in the summer, you might be able to combine a visit to UK to coincide with the sketchcrawl? We are looking forward to it and hoping that the weather will be kind.
mockduck
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by mockduck »

A small but extremely friendly group met up in Brighton. We began in the Pavilion Gardens and when it became chilly, decamped to the Marwood cafe (where there are always colourful people to draw). It was most enjoyable and we are keen to do it again.

Here are my sketches:

I started drawing a family but they moved on almost immediately. You can see the dad standing at the back of this picture. After a time, these two lads came along with their baseball hats and hoodies and a pair of deckchairs, so I just drew over the parts that had gone wrong.

I had a go at colouring this one in at home and took the easy route - Photoshop. Some unexpected floods of of colour happened but I liked them, so kept it that way.

Pavilion Gardens. A selection of people who weren't actually all that near each other.The boy in the red top was being held by his mum but she walked away before I could draw any more.

Big blue velvet curtains with golden tassels (that were keeping the baby entertained); the 'open' sign (closed from the interior) hanging within an empty black frame in the cafe's window; a flamenco doll and a leaning tower of Pisa model on the windowsill.

Thanks for looking; I always enjoy seeing everyone else's!
Mr Dewhurst
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Mr Dewhurst »

Nice! I like that guys profile at the Pavilion Gardens - the way he is left uncoloured with the green pencil all around him.
thelimegreencardi
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Had a great time at Brighton Sketchcrawl & lovely to meet some new sketching pals. Has been a while since I have drawn with other people and the event reminded me how much I enjoyed it!

You can see my drawings below:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lousimmons ... 072588646/
vogadosketx
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by vogadosketx »

Loved the fifth drawing. The movement of the kid.
Waiting to see the other crawler's drawings.
Jenny Lam
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Jenny Lam »

Excellent job! I think it's funny how you captured several people making the same pose with their hands on their chins. :mrgreen:
AVBK
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by AVBK »

I love these gutsy drawings. How well you describe that exciting place you live in - brilliant!
marie-pierre
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by marie-pierre »

Lovely drawings everyone! Unfortunately i don't know the Marwood café or at least i don't remember it...

Looking forward to the next crawl. Marie-Pierre

http://lescarnetsdemp.blogspot.com/

Return to “27th World Wide SketchCrawl”