São Paulo - Brazil

Saturday May 15 2010
Montalvo Machado
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

São Paulo - Brazil

Post by Montalvo Machado »

Hello, Sketchcrawlers!

We're planning our meeting in a very traditional spot, in downtown São Paulo called Pátio do Colégio (something like School Lawn) at 10:00 AM.

It is an old building, actually the first in our city, that started as a shack back in 1554, expanded to 6 cubicles 2 years later to be a housing to the "jesuitas", the clerigy in those days. There are many stories around this building, but this is not the place to tell them, we're just going to draw the site and have some fun.

Well, the master plan is to have LOTS of fun, because the city will host a huge yearly party, all over downtown, that will last 24 hours nonstop. It is called Virada Cultural, and we will join the shows starting at 6:00 PM, going all though the night until the next day.

I have attended the last 2 years, and it is just the perfect place to sketch, between shows, sitting in the park during the night or in a coffee house that will keep you awake in this crazy performing arts marathon.

The numbers are astonishing, the estimates are nearly 4 million people show up in the event, during the 24 hours it lasts. We will count our participants with numbered stickers on their shirts, let's see if there's another record coming next week!

Enrico, you got us thrilled and addicted to Sketchcrawl, and our usual 12 hour sessions are not enough anymore, we want 8 + 24 hours for this event!

For the folks in São Paulo, see you there!

For all the Sketchcrawlers all over the world, I wish you all the best, and enjoy as much as you can.

We will!

Bye all

Montalvo
Marcus Penna
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Re: São Paulo - Brazil

Post by Marcus Penna »

Hey Monta!

Let's see if this time you get to actually draw something :mrgreen:. See ya there!
Montalvo Machado
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Montalvo Machado »

Hi Marcus,

Well, I'll never have the excuse "I had no time to draw", hehe.

Time will be a very generous asset for all of us.

Seeya there!

Montalvo
fabianab
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by fabianab »

8) I wanna go! :mrgreen: Hope to wake up earlier and finally go there and meet you all. :wave:
Marcus Penna
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Marcus Penna »

Monta: Well, I'm not planning to stay all night sketching but I will try to stay until 6:00 PM at least..

Fabiana: NO EXCUSES!!!! :wink:

Return to “27th World Wide SketchCrawl”