Bloomington, Indiana, USA [RESULTS]

Saturday May 15 2010
kriste lindberg
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Bloomington, Indiana, USA [RESULTS]

Post by kriste lindberg »

Note: It appears the posting of the images did not go as planned, I'm looking into it and will be back... Thanks for your patience as I learn this new system! :oops:

My first sketch of the day... One cat, two positions. The two images, top and bottom, are of my foster cat-turned forever cat, Ruby. Sat on the back porch and jotted the top one down real quick before the rain came. In the position to the left, she is checking out the vegetation falling from a tree as a squirrel rummaged around, the one to the right is after it moved on and she settled down into the "loaf of bread" position, as a friend calls it. The top image is the raw sketch and the bottom image is after adding a bit of watercolor and trying out a couple of different styles later in the day while dry and warm inside…

In the meantime, the rain did not deter me... Left to go see our current Bloomington Watercolor Society, which happened to be coupled with a plant sale at a local retirement community, Meadowood. While there, ran into a colleague. After hearing of the SketchCrawl, she talked me into taking a walk in an area nature preserve — enjoying the soft rain as thunder rumbled in the distant background, observing bald eagles, sharing in great conversation about how we’re possibly crazy to be out in the weather and loving it, and sketching when the rain let up… Here's a little collage of the individual images. :shh: You can see where raindrops hit the paper... if you look closely...

Am looking forward to more SketchCrawl adventures! This is only my second (did the one of the satellites on a rooftop, last time).
gustavo
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Bloomington, Indiana, USA [RESULTS]

Post by gustavo »

Hi kriste lindberg

Welcome to SketchCrawl!

I have fixed the images (just needed to click on the Img button and then paste the URL in between the tags).
The images are very small though, could you please post larger image links?

Thank you
Gustavo

https://www.gustavoarizmendi.com
SketchCrawl WebHosting / Maintenance donated by yours truly from 2007 to 2022.
AVBK
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Bloomington, Indiana, USA [RESULTS]

Post by AVBK »

These drawings are so tiny - I like what I think I can see. I also like your friend's 'loaf of bread' description - brilliant!

Return to “27th World Wide SketchCrawl”