Portland, Oregon

Saturday July 31 2010
alanna
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Portland, Oregon

Post by alanna »

Join the Portland Sketchcrawl google group to help decide where we sketch for the 28th world wide sketchcrawl! We try to get together once a month to sketch! Join the fun: http://groups.google.com/group/portland-sketchcrawl
alanna
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: Portland, Oregon

Post by alanna »

The Urban Sketchers symposium is coming to Portland and the last day of the 3-day event held at the Pacific Northwest College of Art will be held the same day as the 28th World Wide Sketchcrawl!

If you're interested in sketching that day, join our google group and others who are not attending the symposium may want to go out and sketch :)
alanna
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by alanna »

The city of Portland, Oregon (USA), becomes a canvas for drawing enthusiasts from around the world this summer as Pacific Northwest College of Art (PNCA) and Urban Sketchers (USK) host the 1st International Urban Sketching Symposium. The three-day event (July 29-31) will feature a blend of lectures, panels, exhibits and sketch outings led by a diverse team of international presenters with backgrounds in art education, architecture, illustration and journalism. The Symposium is open to everyone with an interest in drawing the urban environment on location. Participants are encouraged to register early due to limited availability.

http://pdx2010.urbansketchers.org/ -->click on the link to find out more about the symposium! :clap:
pete
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by pete »

i will be there! and for the symposium too.
alanna
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by alanna »

Awesome, Pete! I'm so excited to get to meet people I know by reading their blogs!!!
Orling_Dominguez
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by Orling_Dominguez »

Hi Alana and Pete...hope to be there as well. I am from Dominican Republic.

See you in Portland.

Orling
jayarrera
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by jayarrera »

I will be there for the Symposium, as well as anyone else from the Eugene SketchCrawl group I can bring along.
shihonakaza
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by shihonakaza »

I'm one of the Sketch Crawl organizers in Los Angeles - and I'll be in Portland for the Crawl and the Symposium! It'll be my first time in Portland; so exciting! :D
lapin
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by lapin »

I will be there too!
it's also my first time in Portland, it looks inspiring.

see you there, lapin.
isabel
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by isabel »

Hi, I'll be travelling all the way from Mauritania, Sahara, for the Symposium and i'll be joining this sketchcrawl in Portland. Looking forward to it and to meet all fellow sketchers.
kumi matsukawa
Sensei Crawler
Sensei Crawler

Post by kumi matsukawa »

Hi, I'll be there too and would like to join.

See you soon.
Kumi
alanna
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by alanna »

Looks like this weekend Portland will be crawling with urban sketchers! Thursday-Saturday, the symposium will be engaging Urban Sketchers and getting us out to Sketch! Come and look for us around PNCA, downtown! If you're not signed up for the symposium, get out and sketch on your own and post your results on to the forum!
happy sketching, all! :thumbup:
alanna
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by alanna »

Update: If you are in Portland, but not participating in the Urban Sketchers Symposium, please get out and sketch! Come downtown and sketch in and around the Pearl (there will be Urban Sketchers crawling around the area sketching...keep an eye out for us!) And then you are invited to PNCA (corner of NW Johnson and 13th ...i think) at 5pm for a reception and sharing of sketchbooks. This is a good time to come and meet "famous" urban sketchers such as Lapin, Gabi Campanario....and the list goes on and on.

come on out and see what the three day symposium has been all about and get excited for the next symposium that is rumored to be in Portugal next :D

If you see someone sketching, don't be shy, go ahead and chat with them to see if they are an Urban Sketcher. You can ask them to point you in the direction of PNCA if you get lost!

Hope to se eyou tomorrow!

Return to “28th World Wide SketchCrawl”