CrowTalk
Real Crawler
Real Crawler
United States of America

Wichita, Kansas USA -- crawl plans

Post by CrowTalk »

WICHITA SKETCH CRAWL
July 31, 2010

Come make pictures of downtown Wichita to share with other sketchers and sketch fans around the world!

Let's meet at the front gate of Naftzger Park (SE corner of Douglas and St. Francis) at 10 AM. You could paint one scene at the park for a couple hours or make many sketches of the various scenes in the area--the park views, the street scene of an historic block of Douglas, a sliver of the Intrust Bank Arena, the Eaton Hotel, locomotives from the transportation museum on the nearby rail overpass, etc.

After a lunch break, we will meet up again at 1:30 PM at the Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum (204 S. Main). We are welcome to draw inside the museum for a donation. (Usual adult admission is $4.00.) There are many interesting displays to sketch inside the museum--artifacts from Wichita history, antique toys, a display on the Dockum Drugstore sit-in, French fashions, a Jones automobile, and so on. If you prefer to paint, you could capture elements of the museum building from the shade of the adjacent park.

ImageImage

If you think you will sketch inside the museum, please send me an e-mail so I can give the museum director an estimate of how many sketch crawl participants to expect. E-mail: wwwoofs@yahoo.com

Also, please contact me if you have any questions / concerns. See you there! Mary (aka CrowTalk)
CrowTalk
Real Crawler
Real Crawler
United States of America

Re: Wichita, Kansas USA -- crawl plans

Post by CrowTalk »

CHANGE: I WILL BE AT THE MUSEUM AT 1:30, NOT 1. On the off chance that we get heavy rain on the 31st (it COULD happen), just come to the Sedgwick County Museum. You're welcome to join in for just the morning or afternoon part. Also, if you want to make your own sketches before or after the scheduled sessions, we can post those drawings. Here's hoping for a beautiful Saturday next week. Mary

Return to “28th World Wide SketchCrawl”