New York, NY

Saturday January 22nd 2011
dannylee4
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

New York, NY

Post by dannylee4 »

Anything going on in New York for this sketchcrawl?
Alisa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Re: New York, NY

Post by Alisa »

Still brainstorming ideas for the crawl. We've done the Met and Museum of Natural History so many times, I'm trying to think of something more original. Maybe The Cathedral of St. John the Divine on 110th St? Not sure what their sketch policy is, but I can check. Too cold for the Central Park zoo? Anyone have any other indoor recommendations? :)
JChandra005
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by JChandra005 »

What about MOMA ?
dannylee4
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by dannylee4 »

MoMA works, or I wouldn't mind the Met again since I haven't made it out to many Sketchcrawls in the city for a while...
Alisa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Alisa »

I know a lot of people don't want to pay the steep entry to MOMA (myself included) and the last time I was there on a Saturday it was mobbed. Honestly I can always do the Met, I just know there's always someone who is tired of it. What do you guys think? Anyone else out there planning to come out?
dannylee4
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by dannylee4 »

I second the Met.
Alisa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Alisa »

Okay, since no one else is chiming in, how about we meet up at the Met around 11 am. We can draw there for a while, break for lunch and then if anyone wants to go to MOMA or somewhere else, we can move the crawl on from there! Sound good?

We can meet near the big central information kiosk right past security at the main entrance. I'll probably hang out for 15 minutes until more people show up.

Admission is pay what you wish.
You can also check the museum website for ideas of what exhibits to draw in.
http://www.metmuseum.org/

1000 Fifth Avenue at 82nd Street
New York, New York 10028-0198
Information: 212-535-7710

See you there!
redbutterfly
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by redbutterfly »

If everyone wants to go to the Met I will go too. I have a few suggestions for other places. Old St Patrick's Church on Mott St. ,The Chrysler Building, Woolworth Building or the Museum of the American Indian on Bowling Green? I love the Met. It just seems so predictable.What do you think? Any other thoughts? Ideas?
sunilo
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by sunilo »

Hey everybody! I've been buried in work and will probably miss this crawl. If you go to the Met, check out the the Oceania section. Lots of cool wooden sculptures and masks to draw!

Happy sketching.
Sunil

Return to “30th World Wide SketchCrawl !!!”