New York City, NY, USA

Saturday July 23rd 2011
Alisa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

New York City, NY, USA

Post by Alisa »

Hi New Yorkers!

Any suggestions for the July crawl? I'm thinking the new section of the Highline Park might be nice if it's not too hot that weekend.
http://www.thehighline.org/

Feel free to chime in with your thoughts on where to meet.

-Alisa
Olve
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Re: New York City, NY, USA

Post by Olve »

Great! As you know I'll be in NYC this time. Looking forward to be sketchcrawling on the High Line. :)
osweetnature
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by osweetnature »

Ahhh, I just went sketching along that section today. Great fun.... but go early as there is not so much shade.

I'm from Denver so won't be able to make your crawl next weekend. Have a great one!
sunilo
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by sunilo »

I'll be drawing Lisbon! Hopefully I can make the next one.
dannylee4
Newbie Crawler
Newbie Crawler

Post by dannylee4 »

Looks like there is a heatwave this week in NYC/Tri state area, any backup indoor places we can use? Chelsea Market, since we originally wanted the High Line?
Alisa
Uber Crawler
Uber Crawler

Post by Alisa »

As dannylee4 points out, it will be pretty darn hot on Saturday. SO we'll be meeting at 10 am to try to beat the hottest part of the day. I'd still like to see some of the newly opened part of the park, so let's meet on the Highline at the 23rd St entrance. (take the C,E or 1 train to West 23rd St. walk just past 10th Ave.) If you're there after 10, look for people in the park with sketchbooks!

http://www.thehighline.org/about/park-information

We'll make our way south towards Chelsea Market by noon. (16th St between 9th and 10th Ave) We can get lunch and sketch indoors there for a bit. Last time we sketched at the Market there was some seating near The Wine Vault (closer to 9th Ave), so it's likely we'll be in that area if you show up late and are looking for the group after 12pm.

http://chelseamarket.com/visitors/

If people aren't completely melting, we can figure out where to go from there! Bring lots of water and sun protection along with your sketching supplies.

My cell # is 917 880 2040 if you're lost and looking for the group. PLEASE don't text or email me that day, I don't have a smart phone! :)

See you Saturday!

osweetnature- Thanks for the tip. I'm glad you got to enjoy the Highline on your visit!

sunilo- Wonderful! Enjoy the Lisbon crawl and see you next time!
Olve
Real Crawler
Real Crawler

Post by Olve »

Great Alisa! (Chelsea Market was already on our itinerary, so this is perfect!)
Looking forward to go sketching in NYC on Saturday!

:thumbup:

Return to “32nd World Wide SketchCrawl”